Preparation Prompt: What does transitioning from a self-centered perception of reality to one grounded in altruism entail?

New Home Forums Course Forums Kabbalah in Action Week 2 Discuss Preparation Prompt: What does transitioning from a self-centered perception of reality to one grounded in altruism entail?

Preparation Prompt: What does transitioning from a self-centered perception of reality to one grounded in altruism entail?

Viewing 6 posts - 289 through 294 (of 328 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Seraphim
      Participant

My surface knowledge tells me that the right answer to this question is “receive with the intention of bestowing.” But surface knowledge is deceiving, and the ego is particularly susceptible to being deluded into thinking that it has attained something that it thinks it “knows” only on the surface.

So, my deeper guess is that, to truly understand what it means to “receive with the intention of bestowing” cannot be authentically attained without undergoing the kind of shift that is only available to one who has worked and struggled for many years in and with a minyan.

Sandra
      Participant

I am assuming adjusting the desire in a way that we dont only receive for our self but we are bestowing on everyone and everyone is benefiting from it, including the self.

Mary
      Participant

To shift from a reality where everything is perceived as separate  to one where the whole of humanity is connected as one.

Don’t take for yourself, just give back.

Eliyahu
      Blocked

From my current understanding that means that I listen to the lessons and read the books with the awareness that the whole world kli and my future ten are listening and reading with me through the same pair of ears and eyes and that we feel and experience the same warmth together at the same instant, and that I am happy for all of them for feeling this unity.

zohreh
      Participant

This means that we examine all the events and happenings around us through the five senses controlled by the ego and perception, but if we change our attitude towards giving and forgiving, our perception of the currents around us will change.

Viewing 6 posts - 289 through 294 (of 328 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.