Preparation Prompt: What does transitioning from a self-centered perception of reality to one grounded in altruism entail?

New Home Forums Course Forums Kabbalah in Action Week 2 Discuss Preparation Prompt: What does transitioning from a self-centered perception of reality to one grounded in altruism entail?

Preparation Prompt: What does transitioning from a self-centered perception of reality to one grounded in altruism entail?

Viewing 6 posts - 43 through 48 (of 313 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Ramar
      Participant

I can’t wait to connect with students together.

anatoly
      Participant

To love your neighbor as your self

Rosie
      Participant

Stretching beyond our own self-centered needs and desires. Taking a step outside ourselves (our ego) and taking a bigger view of reality and how we can affect it.

Gamelah
      Participant

Im hoping to learn how to do this.

Paul
      Participant

An egoistic perception of reality puts me at the center of anything that is happening … “what does this mean for me, is it threatening or beneficial?” A perception based on bestowal sees things from the Creator’s point of view … “this thing that I am orchestrating is for the benefit of My creation, all of it simultaneously, to bring every part to its intended purpose and goal.” If I can therefore step outside my own narrow and self-serving perspective I can open my self to glimpse a larger purpose for all the things that are happening around me. I can’t know or understand very much at the beginning but over time I will be given help from the Creator and other spiritual seekers, my teacher and the authentic texts to see more and more of this “hidden reality” … and in the process to transform from being so self-centered to care deeply about others and how I can help meet their needs. And as I do so I will bring pleasure to my Creator.

Samuel
      Participant

It mean to develop a 6th sense in order to rise above our ego to help us perceive as the Creator does

Viewing 6 posts - 43 through 48 (of 313 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.