Reflect and Discuss: Share something from the lesson that blew your mind, or gave you a new perspective; or discuss the lesson materials with your fellow students.

New Home Forums Course Forums Perceiving Reality Course 1. The Essence of Kabbalah – videos Reflect and Discuss: Share something from the lesson that blew your mind, or gave you a new perspective; or discuss the lesson materials with your fellow students.

Reflect and Discuss: Share something from the lesson that blew your mind, or gave you a new perspective; or discuss the lesson materials with your fellow students.

Viewing 6 posts - 19 through 24 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Clarice
      Participant

This comment is also about the prayer video

How someone can accept things like a death of a child? I just can’t understand how that is possible to ask God to change me in certain cases. I really would like to accepet certains things easier.

Rachel
      Participant

Thanks so much for this chance to grow

I feel as if I am being lead by a force that governs my heart’s beating and has instilled within it a desire to be here where I am today and that is the o ky thing which has made this happen. There is something in my DNA that’s has brought me here and is evolving through this experience even as I type these words out

So I feel like I had an “awakening” in Oct. Of 2020 and that has lead me to ask for things like enlightenment and freedom of consciousness from the one I call Creator- Great Mystery or Original Source…these prayers have changed me till I was praying for all our Universe and then began to sense other Universes in alignment with Unconditional Love and aiding us in development- and all this creating in me and changing me on a cellular level- then I had an experience where I died- yet did not die and this after I had made a decision to ascend this lifetime and was first lead to the intro to Kaballah videos through YouTube.

This feels like insanity to me sometimes yet I have a peace and more peaceful relationship with my ego than I ever have. I was alone for some time and now know I must engage with others in groups- and so I am here and wish to ask-what of the Devine feminine prescence within all things that teaches us through nature?  What is this in Kaballah?

Wendy
      Participant

I view my life as a school for gaining the attributes I need to evolve. Prayer is just a meditation, a recognition of my process. I do not understand, but I have always been given what I need. My daughter calls this “random” money. But, in actuality, I worked and learned to earn what I get. I must evolve and grow, and even strive to evolve. I must use energy to evolve. I must know its value.  The Creator, the Energy of Creation, needs to explore itself through its creation. This is a mystery to me. But, I understand loneliness. My question, can I help the Creator to experience things the Creator needs. This sounds very self-centered. But if our purpose to to become one with the Creator, do not we have a responsibility to respond? How can we achieve out purpose?

Wendy
      Participant

I do not conceive God as separate from creation. Creation including man is a manifestation of a Creator. My looking at Archetypes in the forms of ancient deities is an attempt to understand the facets of the One. Unless you study creation, knowing the One is difficult. Developing the concept of love is my purpose. I know I will probably need several more incarnations before I am ready to ascend to a higher level of being. I know that is okay. Life, lives, are a process. I trust the process and engage in it however I think I can. I may need correction, but I know the path.

Roy
      Participant

Ah, the Ego, my old friend.

When I was young it bothered me that I didn’t have a personality. Everyone else had a personality. But all I had was liking the things I liked, and disliking the things I dislike. Yes… silly it was, but that was my understanding or rather misunderstanding.   The one part that I could see in me that seemed like a personality, was this feeling that I wanted to follow what was true. Later, I would see that as my being a seeker of truth.

Because my ego saw me as a seeker of truth, it forced me to accept things that otherwise I could never have accepted.

A dark night of the soul lasting fifteen to seventeen years came upon me at forty years of age when the God of my youth and life, was determined to be a lie.  With it, everything, quite literally everything I considered important was torn from this mind. What was left was a mass of flesh without bones to hang it on.

The only way out of it was for me to follow whatever was true. So the Bible was wrong? Not everything in the Bible was wrong. There’s some good  stuff in there too. So the Eastern Religions are not totally perfect or even helpful; part of them is.

I used my ego to force a skeleton together of what I believed. That skeleton of my beliefs was and still is based upon the best what I see as truth, without regard to what the source of that truth is.

I don’t see ego as wrong unless the ego is misnamed and misapplied by our desires to be accepted by those around us. I wanted to follow truth more than I wanted anyone to like me. I follow truth to this day. I will follow whatever truth comes from this journey.

It is great I must say, to see in others the desire to see others happy. My own happiness does not come from anything that’s for me, that I experience.  And experience is an experience and I’ve had enough of them. What I enjoy more than anything else is to help others enjoy good things more.  Okay, that was sort of a lie. There is something I enjoy even more.

The greatest joy is when I can create a better life in another person. When I can add clarity to confusion or hope to despair or understanding and self assurance to doubt; that the greatest. It’s because of this that I don’t see myself as a people pleaser.  I’m not trying to please people and I can make people upset when they and I have different ideas on what’s best for them when I’m offering myself to help in some way.

As long as these comments may seem, they are so inferior to what I want to say. Most people don’t want to read all that I could write.

Roy
      Participant

This comment is to the prayer video.

As I grew out of Catholic Religion and into the Christian religion, I experienced some answers to the doctrines that seems archaic.  Perhaps that was because Christianity was new to me compared the Catholicism.

But, as I began to study the words that others preached from, I found a great number of problems that didn’t add up. There seemed a real pick-and-choose system of what would be preached and what would be scanned over as if not important, or worse, not ever mentioned.

I began a Christianity based upon my own relationship that I felt I had with God, rather than what others told me I should or shouldn’t have. Specifically, for the reason of this section’s discussion I bring up prayer. It never seemed right that prayer was for things wanted or hoped to be avoided.  Which prayer is right when one person prays for nice weather for picnic, when another prays for rain so the crops will grow.

I decided to pray in the way that really felt right.  This prayer centered on people rather than what people wanted or didn’t want. If someone asked that I pray for someone to get well, I’d pray that whatever the person needed to learn in order to get better would be quickly found out. In each thing that people requested prayer, I would pray that the person would quickly learn whatever it was they were in that circumstance for, so they could get out of that circumstance.

For my prayers about myself, they stopped asking for this and that.  Instead, my prayers turned to asking that I would learn, grow, and develop, into the person that the God that was beyond-my-understanding wanted. For whatever reason, in my mind it was clear that life was for some purpose and that purpose was not consumption. It seemed logical that life would be a living lesson and I really wanted to learn what I was supposed to learn, rather than goof off.

My prayers were not like any prayers of anyone I knew and I most carefully had to craft them when verbal because it was also clear whatever I thought about life, others had different thoughts. It seemed better to let them live where-they-were rather than demand they think like me.

Viewing 6 posts - 19 through 24 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.