Reflect: Share something from the lesson that inspired you, or even just gave you a fresh perspective.

New Home Forums Course Forums Kabbalah in Action Week 1 Discuss Reflect: Share something from the lesson that inspired you, or even just gave you a fresh perspective.

• This topic has 42 replies, 35 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by Johan.
Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Seraphim
      Participant

It blows my mind that in talking about the history of spirituality Julian only mentions the line of (Jewish) Kabbalists who crossed the machsom into G”E and devekut with the spiritual world. Of course, it’s wonderful that they did this, but I think we should give credit where credit is due by acknowledging that many, many other adepts in spiritual lineages of other traditions who also crossed that machsom. To name but a few (and this is just the tip of the iceberg, as it were):

1. The lineage of (Hindu) rishis who gave us the Upanishads back in the 3rd millenium BCE, and who have been in direct contact with all levels of the spiritual worlds up until this day through school like Advaita Vedanta and Raja Yoga.

2. The lineage of Christian mystics and gnostics who have been ascending to the highest levels of the Upper World, as proven by texts like the Nag Hammadi corpus, the Philokalia, and other works, and who have continued a living lineage of spiritual mastery and enlightenment in places like Mount Athos for centuries.

3. The living and extant lineage of Tibetan lamas and other Buddhist “Kabbalists” whose spiritual attainment was so high that they were even able to document what happens after death in the Tibetan Book of the Dead.

4. The multitudinous Islamic wisdom masters in various Sufi orders around the world whose descriptions of the spiritual world (above the machsom) could fill whole libraries, and who continue to teach and convey their wisdom in many countries throughout the world.

Like I said, this is just a tiny sampling the many, many living masters and contemporary non-Jewish kabbalists who have attained the highest strata of the spiritual world. I believe with all my heart that we should reach out to these schools as fellow lovers of truth. Why enclose ourselves in a little cultish bubble of our own, when we could bring our own unique instrument to the great orchestra of wisdom already thriving in the world? We talk a lot about connection among ourselves, like some kind of “chosen people” (which is a little snobbish, if you ask me). Why not connect with those who perhaps know just as much – if not more – than Rav Laitman about spiritual worlds? What are we afraid of?

Seraphim
      Participant

If, as Julian said, “the only people who are able to understand and implement” the wisdom of Kabbalah (which is nothing less than the exclusive truth about the way things are) are Kabbalists, and the only authentic school of Kabbalah in the world today is Bnei Baruch, and the only living master and link to “last authentic Kabbalist (Baal HaSulam” is Rav Laitman, that means that Rav Laitman is the only person in the world who truly understands and can implement the Laws of Nature and the Truth about Reality??? Not only is this utterly mind-blowing, but it’s not a little hard to swallow, wouldn’t you agree?

Don’t get me wrong, I love Rav Laitman, but unless you can name other Kabbalists – perhaps from other wisdom traditions? – who also have direct access to the Upper Force and Reality, basically what you’re doing is making out Rav Laitman to be little less than Moshiach.

Yvon Decelles
        Participant

I noticed that 5 months later this hasn’t been answered. Cynicism arise…

tom
          Participant

Hey Yvon, I think we won’t get an answer here because this is a forum to reflect on the materials. It seems that the instructors only read the forums that are meant to ask questions. I also would like to see a reply on the comments of Seraphim, so I’ll ask Giani in the right forum to answer this topic.

Sol Belo
        Participant

This post itself is enlightening for me.  I look forward to the reply whenever it comes

T C
          Participant

I agree, but I think the answer to Mr. Seraphim’s comments are in the readings for this week. I don’t want to presume how the instructors will answer, but the readings seem to address this concern pretty clearly – IMHO.

So, to add what I’ve learned this week – or at least I have been able to clearly articulate – is that Kabbalah is a method and not a person. There are different groups teaching Kabbalah and the one we choose to belong to (B’nei Baruch) is one of many (hence this is why only the Jewish Kabbalists are mentioned as it is part of this specific lineage, as I’m sure the Hindu, Christian mystics, etc… mention their lineage to their students in lieu of mentioning every spiritual teacher/method out there.).  Also, this method we are learning is not the exclusive/only method (clearly stated in our readings this week) to the upper worlds and the Creator, but it is the shortest method. Again, as stated in our readings this week, the teachers say that we should experience other groups and other approaches so we can see and judge for ourselves whether this is the best/shortest method to reveal the Creator to us.

Rune T. A.
      Participant

Hi friends.

Today I had breakthrough, a revalation if you will. You see, I stumbled across Kabbalah after much searching for truth and meaning to life. I have gathered many pieces of the puzzle from diferent schools of thought, “spiritual masters”, gurus, religions and sciences, psychology and philosophy. All had great many things to teach me and I took from them what felt and seemed right to me (as I believe that many or some of you have too). Because of this “knowledge”/knowing inside of me, I have had a really really hard time dealing when Kabbalistic teaching kept stressing that Kabbalah is the ONLY way, and you can’t attain spirituallity without Kabbalah. First I had to tune into the Kabbalistic definition of spirituallity, it is the love for ALL creatures, equivalence of form. I now go along with this definition as it does makes sense and it feels right.  However, until today I couldn’t understand why my teachers here keep maintaining that Kabbalah is the ONLY way. I was at work, minding my job when it suddenly struck me. Kabbalah is the ONLY time I have heard that what humanity needs to do, is to build back our shattered Soul!!! While buddhism and zen might lead me to the enlightenment that we are all One and that death is not the end, and the this world is basically an illution, it does not (as far as I know) work towards a unity in building our Soul, and it does not give ME a satisfying purpose to my life nor a real meaning, other than to work for myself to free myself from This World and become a “higher being” that won’t have to come back here again. Christianity might make me do good to others, but I still ask myself, is that really all there is..? The native american indians also speak to my heart and soul (not their religions persay, maybe the medicine wheel does, I no longer think of it) by the fact that they strive towards leading a sustainable life and try to bring ballance between the forces of nature and the spiritual forces. Yet it does not speak (as far as I know) about building our shattered soul. I found and find that this (the soulbuilding) gives me both the true purpose to my life, and it gives me meaning to it as well. I have long understood that I should aim to live a meaningfull life rather than a happy one, I just couldn’t figure out how.

So now, finally I can let go of the frustration of while being on board with Kabbalah, and same time find some of the statements therein somewhat ignorant and arrogant. YAY!!!

I am now ready to let all my guards down. I surrender.

Joanne Kabu-W10
      Participant

Reading the Nature of Matter I felt a different layer of understanding about our process to become the scattered souls that we are. Beginning to understand Kabbalah’s repetition as a gift. I especially like the area of separating the sensing unit. Clarifying (a little bit more) why separating the receiver of the pleasure from one who feels it can create the sensation of eternal living. Awesome read.

Sol Belo
        Participant

This post itself is enlightening for me.  I look forward to the reply whenever it comes.

I like this also #184923.  I hope we all learn from the reply and advance together

Paul
      Participant

From video 1.4 Template of spirituality:

‘’We find that the upper part of the Partzuf, the GE, the Galgalta ve Eynaim, actually connects or is connected to the AHP of the upper Partzuf. Its spiritual aspiration to want to elevate, to want to rise in spirituality is always connected to the upper Partzuf, the one that is more spiritual.’’

It reminds me of the cake-walk attraction in the fairground, years ago. Starting at ground-level you had to find your way to the top via simultaneously ascending and descending stairs. The trick was to wait till the stairs were at even level and then jump with one foot to the step which was to ascend at the next moment. Wait again till they met at the same level and than the other foot should be placed. Balancing between left and right leg. And so on. It required insight, patience and persistence, among other qualities,  to make it to the top.

Sol Belo
        Participant

Thanks for  explaining GE, Partzuf and AHP  with the analogy : it makes it easier to understand and remember.

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.