Where exactly is your free will? Can you identify where it is real and where it is an illusion?

New Home Forums Course Forums Perceiving Reality Course 2. Perception of Reality Where exactly is your free will? Can you identify where it is real and where it is an illusion?

Viewing 6 posts - 85 through 90 (of 164 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      heather
      Participant

My free will is put to to good use when Iam around people who live a life style that I’m not prepared to accept.  I just remove myself from that enviroment.  I always  take the straight & narrow road.

Colleen
      Participant

I don’t know.  I suppose I believe there are many paths to the same place and I AM FREE to choose which path to travel,  and I AM FREE to choose a different path when I don’t like the old one anymore (too painful).  So the internal/external forces that create the painful environment GOVERN (then maybe I’m not free lol) my choice to continue or not.  However…….it’s also true that some people are unable to perceive they can change their direction/path and they continue in a negative environment their entire lives 🙁  They have the “gift” of choice, but their perception of reality prevents them from making that choice.   Hmmm…..no free will.

But still, folks will have people who will come along in their life to help point them in a different direction (hopefully positive) showing them, that YES,  you can choose differently, there is a way out of your circumstance.  So in the end they have the free will to choose,  but even then,  sometimes that comes down to faith because they still can’t SEE how their life would change.  Now is it free will or faith?

There is also the perception of a higher world to some people, but not all.   Why is that ?  You cannot have  “free will” to choose something you cannot perceive.  I know many people who are firmly rooted here, and to be honest I have at times in my life envied them, because they don’t seem to struggle, their lives seem simple and uncomplicated.   They’re perfectly happy with their family, house, car payment and shopping at the mall every weekend.  If they perceive no higher world, then where is their ability to move forward?  Same life event applies here though too, because there are books, people, internet etc. telling them there is more to life, but a person has to have ears to hear, and eyes to see.  Perhaps one must “want to see, want to hear.”  That would be free will.

I have never pondered free will more than 5 min lol because the world/religion has always told me I have free will ….but now after seriously thinking about this for the past hour I feel like something magnificent has happened to me, lol.  I feel great happiness.  Another layer has been peeled back and I’m seeing things in a whole new light!  So many blessings to you, thank you!  BH

The additional ingredient of questioning whether the events taking place in life are “reality or illusion” is fascinating!   I think the answer is both; two sides to the same coin and free will is how you choose to spend it.

with kindness,

Colleen 🙂

Dyrk
      Participant

This is a great question for which I have no good answer. It seems to be somewhere in the mind, but I am unclear as to what, exactly, constitutes “mind.”

V C
        Participant

To quote Colleen: “There is also the perception of a higher world to some people, but not all.   Why is that ?  You cannot have  “free will” to choose something you cannot perceive.”

Free will is a mystery to me for the most part. When I study, Kabbalah opens the doors of perception (thank you Huxley:-) and KabU of course). It vanishes as soon as I am attracted to fear, when I’m stuck in the quagmire of survival.

Marcin
      Participant

Free will is what I feel that it is. I cannot be sure that it is not a programm composed by my genes, family, culture, society etc. But making any action I should choose the best way – it doesn’t matter that this choice is maybe a result of the inner or outer programm.

Anthie Televantou
      Participant

I suppose that after watching the video, we don’t have free will, but we have freedom of choice – that would be the correct term. Making the right choices will bring us closer to the Creator. By being a giver rather than a taker.

Sharilyn
      Participant

Free will is the choice I have only in regard to aligning myself with the Creator to bestow and connect to others.

Other than that, free will is an illusion because of the programming we receive in all areas of life – including genetic factors.

Viewing 6 posts - 85 through 90 (of 164 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.