Where exactly is your free will? Can you identify where it is real and where it is an illusion?

New Home Forums Course Forums Perceiving Reality Course 2. Perception of Reality Where exactly is your free will? Can you identify where it is real and where it is an illusion?

Viewing 6 posts - 121 through 126 (of 164 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Storm
      Participant

Our free will is only in the choice of our environment. Where we choose to be what and who we choose to associate with. The rest is not in our control.

David
      Participant

According to the lecture we can choose our environment, but Sometimes I feel I don’t have free will.

Uğur Kafadar
      Participant

There is free will but it is not free unless you don’t live the life selfless. There are conditions to be observed by us with a clear eye however if we are to follow a desire we cant see the reality. So that reincarnation is necesssary to get free of desires with the methods of devine.

Yaneth
      Participant

Our free will is a state of our own decision to choose our environment where we can bestow and have a correct connection.

Ariane
      Participant

In actual fact I have the feeling that it is always an illusion. Even the choice of books, friends and teacher is conditioned by the different abilities we have developed, which in turn depends on the possibility we were given to develop them and so on. I tend to believe that the teacher, or the book or the potential friends appear when we are ready for them and sometimes not even wishing for it, but they appear as unexpected and precious gifts.
      Of course there should be somehow something like “free will” for “it takes two to tango” if I dare say, but I really wonder whether the desire to change and acquire the quality of the Creator, is the expression of free will..
      Actually, feeling free is plenty enough, whether it is real or not.

Raie
      Participant

The idea that we have unlimited free will is in fact an illusion. IMO.  As evidenced in a multitude sources including  stories in the Bible were even the devil has to get permission to mess with someone like Job or as evidenced in mythology the vampire of lore requires permission to enter the home. This type of free will reminds me much of the type of free will I would give to my children when they were small. Which was summed up in my  famous slogan, “You can have anything you want..up to a limit.” This was put to use quite frequently, for instance, in the grocery store where I might give them their freedom of any ice cream flavor but within a certain price range. Similarly, we also are given freedom within the range we are allowed. As defined by factors including to which degree our autonomic nervous system is online (Gabor Mate: When The Body Says No), we are present in mind (Retaining reflective thought) and willing to be rejected by our peer group in order to adhere to a higher code than that which is reflected in the ever shifting sands of the mob mentality.

In addition, scientifically speaking approximately 39% of the population is capable of reflective thought at any given time, however, only 10% of the population actualizes the reflective thought process when confronted with peer pressure (The ultimate marshmallow in the ultimate marshmallow test). Reflective thought being the earmark of free will. Because reflective thought alone allows us to step above our animalistic desires to fit in at any expense, which desire physiologically is at the root of phenomenon like mass genocide. This is evidenced in the Milgram study which has been re-produced in culture after culture, presently on this earth, and produce the same results regardless of religion. Namely that upwards of 61% of all people will torture another person to death if an authority figure prompts him to do so. That number jumps to 90% when peer pressure is added to the mix. Leaving only 10% of people who retain the ability to think reflectively under the spell of peer pressure and approval.

It’s an irony that 10% of the population statistically is given disproportionate amount of abuse in childhood. Studies have also found that the child who is scapegoated is often a child who does not go with the flow of the family, who usually is engaged in some sort of ill conceived practices. This literally means that society is scapegoating the 10% who are capable of reflective thought under all circumstances possibly from birth. The Creators tithe of humanity if you will. This abuse when inflicted in a certain timeframe of youth causes the connections to the frontal lobe that form by play, i.e. mirroring creating neural pathways in the mind that allow us to reach our frontal lobe for the purpose of reflective thought to suffer, in addition, the nervous system which gives us our ability to function within our body and within reality and forms our perceptions of reality is put off line or in disconnect- these things are caused by others in these early formative years as a function of society. Which opposes nature IMO. So, these things can be fractured by circumstance when a child is still in a hypnotic brain state in their formative years. I personally believe this belief that the body, “is so insignificant that it can’t be compared to the soul, that it can exchange organs with other species and continue to live even without its body parts.. that it exist for the sake of the soul alone” is a partial truth much like the partial truth presented post Babylon. What I mean by that is it product of dualistic thinking. The body and the soul are meant to be married. Whatever our perceptions of reality are, it is proven by science that our body does in fact tell the tale and hold the memory (re: Gabor Mate: When the body says No.” Much like my fingers remember how to play piano. Muscle memory. Our body was made from the substance of the earth, our soul is not disconnected from this.

Viewing 6 posts - 121 through 126 (of 164 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.