Where exactly is your free will? Can you identify where it is real and where it is an illusion?

New Home Forums Course Forums Perceiving Reality Course 2. Perception of Reality Where exactly is your free will? Can you identify where it is real and where it is an illusion?

Viewing 6 posts - 49 through 54 (of 164 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Margaret
      Participant

There was a time I believed that the proof of free will was the fact that we can choose to learn or stay ignorant. With the amount of knowledge and wisdom that is at our fingertips with the internet, it would seem that those who are in “the dark” so to speak, have willfully chosen to do what is simple and comfortable — stay in ignorant bliss. Now, I can see that there are factors outside/beyond ourselves that influence if we are ready to receive knowledge and wisdom. It doesn’t make one better than others, it just means for that person, it is time. And if these influences (sometimes referred to as serendipitous connections) come at the proper time (“when the student is ready, the Master appears”), then it isn’t really a choice at all, and my so-called proof of free will falls by the wayside.

Bonnie A. Bus
      Participant

<span style=”vertical-align: inherit;”><span style=”vertical-align: inherit;”>Nu ik begrijp hoe het in de Kaballah werkt, zie ik dat ik met mijn hele ‘zijn’ een tool ben, die gelukkig wordt, als ik mijn capaciteiten ontplooi voor de ander.</span></span>

Bonnie A. Bus
      Participant

Nu ik begrijp hoe het in de Kaballah werkt, zie ik dat ik met mijn hele ‘zijn’ een tool ben, die gelukkig wordt, als ik mijn capaciteiten ontplooi voor de ander.

Symon
      Participant

We often have a sense of free will, or freedom to choose, but we never have control over the outcome. We are free to choose our environment and just where we live but who we gather with, what we consume, what we choose to learn and from whom. Even in the belief of free will many choose bondage as freedom is really obedience and not the pursuit of our disordered affections.

Adelina Santos
      Participant

Our free will is only in the action of choosing a good environment. We have the illusion that we have free will in actions like choosing what to eat, if we decide in any situation of the physical world, etc.

Ozie
      Participant

I see free will as the ability to choose.  But can I really fully choose? If what I can choose between is fixed then I can only choose between those items available to me. Which is only the free choice of choosing what is provided to me. Not total free choice.

Viewing 6 posts - 49 through 54 (of 164 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.