Ask Anything

New Home Forums General Forums Ask Anything

Gil
    Keymaster

Ask any question and get an answer from a KabU instructor! (for tech questions see “Tech Support” Section)

Viewing 6 posts - 1,009 through 1,014 (of 1,092 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Niklas
      Participant

From a Kabbalistic perspective would you say that the following video accurately depicts the search for fulfillment in egoistic desires and the inevitable subsequent realization that they are empty (i.e. can never fulfill one lastingly)?

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipPBtzjFnhvk25cSHTMs_NojLOiyfDgxg_dG34uL

If so, then what is the purpose of the egoistic pursuit for a Kabbalist or somebody who is just starting to learn about Kabbalah? Is it only to realize over and over again that the egoistic desires cannot be fulfilled? Is there a shortcut, that is, are we somehow able to realize that a new (stronger) egoistic desire won’t bring fulfillment anyway and so it is not worth pursuing it or do we have to tangibly experience the inherent emptiness of ALL our egoistic desires?

Hi Niklas,

Good question. No there’s no shortcut, there’s only hastening of the process – how quickly can you go through the states you necessarily need to go through. There’s no way to become “big” to be able to climb the wall. The process is that you become big, take a step over the wall, and then encounter the next wall which is higher, but this is what builds in us the correct emotional impressions and we work through them consciously. We’re supposed to experience every detail of reality and on the path towards opening up the infinite reality which is currently concealed, we need to discover our complete disconnection to it first.

Thanks!

Chris

Niklas
          Participant

Thanks.

At first I was mad at this reply, but now I am happy.

It is both shit and reassuring. Shit because nothing can be skipped (although I often sought out uncomfortable situations voluntarily because I felt that I need to go through it anyway). Reassuring because it means that you can’t really go wrong. But then again, we shouldn’t linger too much on this, lest the path of suffering needs to push us from behind again.

Well of course, there’s definitely reassurance in it. It’s really a matter of relinquishing control. The faster you can discover this in your own senses that you’re completely governed from above. In the moment it feels that we have to act and make some decision, which is something we have to feel, while the next moment we look back and see it wasn’t me that acted there.

It’s not that the path is rewarding to the ego, at first it is, but the more you advance the pleasure evolves from wanting the “sweetness”, the pleasure for the ego – to wanting “truth” – no matter what the ego prefers, you’re fulfilled by coming closer to truth. The ego is important here since without it you wouldn’t have this discernment. So it’s a great and necessary component to direct us correctly on the path. Eventually, you’re able to have the strength to only acknowledge how you “feel” and rise above what feels good or bad and focus where the heart is aimed, and “to who do I want to bring pleasure” becomes the intention and this is already a great help from above.

Best of luck,

Chris

Niklas
          Participant

Thank you very much!

I might have had some experiences with this “seeking of truth above pleasure and pain”. It is the sweet opening of something outside me that comes, when I direct my thoughts towards bringing pleasure to others. It is not really that it is rewarding per se. It is more like “doing it is enough for the sake of doing it”. In that, everything is already good.

Currently, my life is blowing up (positively) on all imaginable fronts. Dude! Currently, I am just working off my task list from morning to night. I work according to the following priorities:

1. Getting the new (amazing) job (neither praised nor condemned)
          2. Study a bit of Kabbalah each day
          3. Everything else

Thank you very much and I am very excited to soon join you in the Graduate Environment.

Niklas
        Participant

Unfortunately, I cannot edit my original post. Here is the original version: https://youtu.be/HUngLgGRJpo

humehr garivani
      Participant

Can you give some examples of bestow and communication that one can do at home?

Hi Humehr,

There are principles you can take from the path here and apply them at home, it certainly helps to promote “peace” at home, but since your spiritual work is really with those who have the same goal and they aren’t part of your family with whom you have some natural connection with already where you need to work with these “strangers” to your soul and bring them closer to reveal the Creator, there’s no real place for spiritual work with those in your house.

The principles are also things you would hear about if you were to go to a therapist or counselor where they’d tell you how to relate to them and how to keep the peace and work through issues. Things like lowering yourself, listening, giving an example for how to do those things etc..

Thanks!

Chris

Danielle Vergonet
      Participant

Dear all,

I am since a little while in the graduate enviremonet and i am loving it. I am so grateful to be here.
      My study feels currently like  a chaos. I am very busy during the week with work. But I do feel the
      desire to read the books and to listen to the recorded lessons of Dr. Rav Michael Laitman. But because its busy its diffcult to  really dive into it. It feels like all scattered pieces of information I learn. I want some structure.

How do other people do this? How to organize the study. I am not in a 10 yet, but loving the get in one.
      It feels a bit I am studing with a rush because there is so much to learn.

I mostly the two lessons I am joining on tuesday with Yerganat & Joseph and Sunday with friends.
      But I do want a daily routine with Kabbalah. I am very curious how you do in and if there are any tips?

Kind regards,
      Danielle Vergonet

Hey Danielle,

I know there are other events to join such as Weekly Portions of Light and on top of that you’ll soon receive an invite to the Young Group which will help build your “routine” you’re looking for.

There are also plenty of recordings to check out from the Grad class with Mike and Zohar along with Pticha. Sunday is also another meeting with Tony and Zohar.

All these are at your disposal and you’ll get even more as you continue to acclimate to the “environment” here.

Thanks!

Chris

Sam Ben-Yosaif
      Participant

Hello, do we learn the 10 Sefirot here or the 4 worlds? What all do we learn? Can someone give me a comprehensive list of topics? Just want to make sure I’m in the right place.

Hi Sam,

After you complete these courses and move to the Graduate Environment, you’ll be invited to Pticha (Preface to the Wisdom of Kabbalah) where you’ll be exposed to all of this material including live lessons as well as recorded ones.

Thanks!

Chris

humehr garivani
      Participant

hi

i get tired after pray (islamic pray).

is it normal?

Hi Humehr,

Not sure what prayers you’re talking about. In Kabbalah we don’t refer to a prayer as something you recite or read. However any time you’re making efforts to think about something outside of your ego the body will reject it and you might feel this as being tired. But again, we can’t give any feedback on anything not related to Kabbalah.

Thanks!

Chris

Niklas
      Participant

I have a question about responsibility and guilt.

For the past two years, I have been confronted with similar situations on multiple fronts. Only now did I realise that my main driving force behind many behaviours is guilt. The situations are always the same. I see where something is headed and I have ideas how to prevent it or how to better it. At the same time, it is not really quite my business. So, in order to change anything I would have to go out of my way.

It feels like realising this is a good first step and now the Creator will probably not have to show me these situations on so many fronts at the same time. After all, I will be attentive and willing to look at one situation to learn what I need to learn.

I know that Kabbalah does not speak of morals. It does not say whether I should feel guilty for something or not and it talks about corporeal actions even less. I also understand that whatever my decisions in these situations are, they will always be the result of an egoistical calculation. I cannot outsmart that and so I do not try to fool myself.

Still, I want to know what Kabbalah has to say about guilt and about responsibility. Is there something that I can do with this emotion as long as I do not yet have a TEN?

Hi Niklas,

Guilt is the ego making up for wrong calculations. It’s just another mechanism to receive something from loss. The ego is very cunning. With time you’ll be able to sniff out all its tactics more quickly. This is just another one.

You feel whatever emotion the Creator wants you to feel, but instead of thinking that it’s you that did wrong, immediately relate it to the Creator, and there’s truly no one to blame. None else besides Him.

Thanks!

Chris

Niklas
          Participant

Hm…

So what I take from this is that the advice for my mind is: “Do whatever, know that it is the Creator, blame it on Him and know that it is just another tactic of the ego that He is trying to make me aware of”.

This helps me to focus on my heart instead of the mind.

While reading this reply, somebody on the streets complained about vaccine-deniers very angrily to my neighbours. I think: “But hey man. Do you realise that you are complaining about their anger while being engulfed in the same kind of anger?” Which, frankly, makes me angry a little bit.

Same situation. I think that I could help calm him down a bit, but also it is not really any of my business. For now, however, I put on some Jazz in my headphones and ignore him. Choosing my environment is after all the only spiritual calculation I am quite sure of.

Let’s see if that is what the Creator wants of me for now. I can only work on my level and I believe He never expects more of me.

I hope that None Else Besides Him will punch me in the face one way or another if I misunderstood somehow.

Viewing 6 posts - 1,009 through 1,014 (of 1,092 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.