Ask Anything

New Home Forums General Forums Ask Anything

Gil
    Keymaster

Ask any question and get an answer from a KabU instructor! (for tech questions see “Tech Support” Section)

Viewing 6 posts - 1,003 through 1,008 (of 1,061 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      B S
      Participant

Hi I have an important question that has been on my mind for a long time after studying Kabbalah. What is the task of our memories when it has been said that the human soul reincarnates in bodies? For example, will my love for my mother be erased from the memory of the great human soul in these reincarnations? Or will I eventually have it as an eternal love? I’m afraid of this forgetfulness.

Hi Behzad,

Each stage of development a person undergoes brings one closer to the state, as you put it, of eternal love. This means one develops connections of bestowal with others and they are united in a single heart. We only ever draw closer to this state. We never go backwards in spirituality and nothing is ever lost.

Joseph

George
      Participant

Hello,

I read about Tzimtzum. How is this state achieved? What do we have to do in everyday life to achieve this kind of state?

Thank You

george

Hi George,

The Tzimzum is a result of many efforts to not want to receive for one’s self, where a person has no greater desire than bestowal. In “everyday life” this isn’t applicable since we make corrections from lightest to heaviest and the first step must be done in the right environment where there is tremendous support for these thoughts and desires where they flow between one another. The outside world doesn’t yet offer this support, but this is later on in the path.

Thanks!

Chris

Roxana
      Participant

Hello KabU instructors,

Do mourners Kaddish make a difference for the loved one who has passed over?

what is the reason for those who suffer enormously before their death( since their suffering happens when there is no time left to act based on spiritual awakening)?

thanks in advance

Hi Roxana,

Each soul has its own correction and we can’t judge anything with our egoistic eyes. We don’t know what each person needs to go through on their path towards correction. If they didn’t receive an awakening towards correction then it just simply wasn’t time yet. The path is only for those who have a desire for it and there’s no way to instill desire or like our teacher’s teacher Rabash had said, “where’s the pharmacy where I can buy desire?”

But to relate to the first part of your question, no physical actions in this world have any effect on the spiritual.

Thanks!

Chris

Erez D
      Participant

Hello,

I have a question that any answers I find seem to contradict each other.

It is in regards to a screen and obtaining Lishma. I am reading now in the book The Science of Kabbalah volume one

“The “desire to receive” for ones own sake turns first into the desire to receive nothing at all. Then the “desire to give” everything to the Creator appears”

But in Shamati article 5 it states that

“Then, after all the deeds and the remedies, can the prayer be earnest, because he has seen that all his deeds brought him no benefit. Only then can he pray an honest prayer from the bottom of his heart, and the creator hears his prayer and gives him the gift of Lishma.”

My question is – if a person receives nothing for himself, to reach the stage of “emptiness” before TA, does he restrict or not restrict his desire for obtaining Lishma, should that be the only desire left? Because the desire itself would be egotistical before crossing the barrier. If it remains as the only desire, does that hinder you from obtaining it since it is a reward that you’re working for? If it doesn’t remain as a desire, then where is the prayer and the awakening from below?

I can’t seem to get past this contradiction. When a man realises that everything he does is for his own sake, that he is unable to perform any actions for the Creator, when a man truly realises this, how does he move forward? Even asking the Creator for the gift of Lishma would be an egotistical request..

Hi Erez,

Great question! Really, there are a lot of details here you’ve managed to squeeze out. The first principle to remember is there’s really nothing we can “do” but only ever ask the upper force for strength to do reach a higher level of bestowal.

When talking about the screen or Masach, this is always already including the action of not receiving in order to receive and TA is the first time one has reached this threshold of desire to not want to receive for themselves. It’s confusing here because it could sound like we’re talking about eliminating the desire and then when you have no desire, this is the correct desire. However, the emptiness achieved is actually a growing desire for bestowal that hasn’t been fulfilled. A desire for Lishma is simply the willingness to be nothing and have nothing for yourself along with the “expanding” but more correctly the more revealed will to receive.

So to answer your question, when one sees he’s unable to make any actions for the Creator and from this has a great pain of not being able to bring contentment to Him, if this is a greater desire than the desire for him to receive for himself, this is the true prayer and it is answered. Nothing about Lishma can be egoistic since that state is only the ability to act for the Creator’s sake. Asking the Creator for the ability to work for His sake while still feeling and seeing that his reality is still egoistic, this is called Lo Lishma.

Hope that answers your question.

Thanks!

Chris

Erez D
          Participant

Yes you’ve answered my question perfectly, thanks a lot!

humehr garivani
      Participant

Is it true that the Abrahamic religions will be destroyed by the fall of Sagittarius?

Hi Humehr,

I’m afraid I cannot answer your question. I have not seen any reference to this in the authentic Kabbalah source texts.

Joseph

Hing
      Participant

Hello instructor,

(1) How KabU views the term “New Jerusalem”?

(2) I saw online advocacy such as “America as the New JerUSAlem”. What is KabU’s view on that? My guess is that “New Jerusalem” is not a place but a state of humanity. But if that state of humanity reflects in our material world, will it be a specific place, such as “America as the New JerUSAlem” or wherever?

I am grateful for your service! Best wishes to you instructor!

Hi Hing,

When Kabbalists speak of Jerusalem they refer to an inner state of spiritual development and not of anything in this world. In general the many words we learn through our study never refer to external phenomena, but only to internal ones.

Jerusalem refers to the state of “absolute awe” before a higher power. “Awe” is a great desire to be like the one force of creation and to develop a single desire to comprehend the power of the Creator in our connection.

Michael Laitman describes the state of New Jerusalem as such:

“Our unity must create such a condition where the united power can manifest itself in us. Precisely because we are all so different, so distant from each other, so opposite, we must unite in such a way as to ultimately create a single field between us, which consists of all of us, all the opposite desires, aspirations, intentions, and thoughts. Then the higher power will manifest in us as one. This is what we should strive for.”

Joseph

Viewing 6 posts - 1,003 through 1,008 (of 1,061 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.