Ask Anything

New Home Forums General Forums Ask Anything

Gil
    Keymaster

Ask any question and get an answer from a KabU instructor! (for tech questions see “Tech Support” Section)

Viewing 6 posts - 1,033 through 1,038 (of 1,063 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Kenny
      Participant

Hello, will there be a Kabbalah Convention this month?

Roxana
      Participant

Hello

I’m a new student in Kabbalah . My question is about prayers;my understanding is that if we request help for someone else and do whatever we can to help someone else that would be the desire to bestow. Then I see that many of us pray for someone else’s healing genuinely and from love but the prayers are not answered. Is there any correct way of praying for someone else? Is there  such a thing as pre-determined “destiny “ ? If so , then is there any point to pray if the destiny of someone is already determined?  Can we change someone else’s destiny or suffering by praying?If we should ask for understanding of the good behind someone’s suffering, what could be possible good or blessing in someone’s slow and painful death and for the love ones witnessing that?
      Thanks in advance for responding.

Hi Roxanna, great questions. I will address your questions separately.

Is there a correct way to pray for someone else? 

Yes. A true prayer comes from the bottom of the heart. It’s written, the Creator hears the desire of the heart. It’s possible a person may say the right words and still not desire this from the bottom of ones heart. So the advice is to continue and work on strengthening the intensity of the prayer and the need for that which one is asking for.

Ultimately, we come to understand that the only desire that the Creator perceives as a prayer is the desire to be similar to Him, or to attain adhesion with Him. We learn from the sages that He doesn’t feel all the egoistic prayers people say, and the entire history of mankind shows this.

Is there such a thing as predetermined destiny? 

Yes, there is a predetermined destiny. However, this is only with respect to the final goal. The process the whole of humanity is going through to bring them to the realization of the purpose of creation, being adhesion with the Creator, is already in motion. Exactly how we arrive at this goal and what we experience on the way is according to our freedom of choice

If so, then is there any point to pray if the destiny of someone is already determined?

Kabbalists explain that there are two paths to reach the final goal. A short path and a long path. The short path is much more pleasant and easy then the long path. So our actions do matter very much. Every day, we have the opportunity to choose which path we wish to take. This is with respect to me.

Regarding other people, and specifically those who do not study Kabbalah with me, the Kabbalists explain that they are completely governed by the upper force and are already in complete adhesion with Him. It’s merely I who do not see this because my senses are not developed enough. So until we discover this, we make actions, such as prayer, that will bring our perception closer to the perfection that we learn about.

Can we change someone else’s destiny or suffering by praying?

No and yes. A persons destiny is to achieve adhesion with the Creator, to be similar to Him—to bestow and selflessly love. Our participation or lack of does not change the final result for others. Eventually, everyone will reach this.

We can however alleviate the suffering of others on the way to the goal. We exist in a single interconnected system together with the whole of humanity. This means that the actions of one part of the system influence every other part. We have the power to pull the entire world closer to the realization of it’s purpose, and as a result, to gain the understanding that every moment is purposeful and ultimately for our own good.

If we should ask for understanding of the good behind someone’s suffering, what could be possible good or blessing in someone’s slow and painful death and for the love ones witnessing that?

First of all, there are certain things that take place in this world that you will not be able to see as good or purposeful. And that’s ok. Kabbalists give the example of a mother birthing a baby. The process of birth causes great physical tension for both the mother and the baby, but this pressure is necessary in order to give birth to new life. You can also take the example of a sick man who desperately awaits surgery and for doctors to cut him open to remove the harmful substance from inside his body. In both cases they don’t mind the pains and discomforts of the body because they are focused on the end goal.

When we learn to focus on the end goal of our development, and we understand that we are all connected, moving together towards this ultimate perfection, we will gain the ability to appreciate every moment of our life knowing it is bringing us one step closer to our final purpose.

Joseph

Henry
      Participant

Hello everyone! How do we actually do it (the Screen) in real life? For example, let’s say I trade & invest in the share market. Earning a profit makes me happy. How can I apply the Screen here? What should be my thought/intention so that my receive (profit for myself) becomes bestowal? Thank you!

Hi Henry,

The short answer is you can’t use the screen, not yet anyways. The intention to bestow, that all of ones actions will be in order to bring contentment to the Creator, to the one who gives the abundant pleasures we experience in life, is built gradually.

A person must operate under the guidance of a teacher who has already attained this, utilizing the authentic source texts which aim us to the correct goal, as well as working in an environment consisting of others who also aspire for that same goal.

These anchors are important because it’s very easy for a person to become confused and lost in a fantasy that they create in their minds without actually progressing towards acquiring the intention to bestow. This is because we do not have an example in this world of true bestowal. So a person has no pattern with which to work towards.

Only by following meticulously the advice of the sages can one build a screen. As we progress through the study we will delve deeper into the writings of the Kabbalists.

Joseph

Permal Orly
      Participant

Hi,

I wanted to know if Kaballah take into consideration the “paleo hebrew script” when studying? Is it applicable while studying?

Thank you in advance.

Orly

Hi Permal,

A student studies in whatever language they feel most comfortable with. Most of the source texts have been translated to the major languages. If a student can read Hebrew, then they study the original Hebrew texts; however, it is not necessary in order to grasp the material.

Joseph

Anonymous
      Inactive

I am Luiz from Portugal Sintra/Lisbon
      I am studying Kabbalah for my spiritual advencement

Permal Orly
      Participant

Hello,

Here are my questions :

First I would like to know if you will complete the series “Bible Secrets Explained by Kabbalah” on You tube.

I saw that there was Genesis Episode 1-3 only and then it skip to Noah Episode 1 and so on.. it will help me to understand better with these videos.

Second could you explain to me what is Light? Not just its definition as per Kabbalah but its intrinsic meaning, its purpose and how are we related to it?

Third I learn from  the Torah as well as your videos that Adam was the first man, it is literal when you say he was the first Kabbalist as well as human on earth? Was there other human being apart him at that time? If so, how was the earth populated? And if not, why was he the only one to be mentionned?

You see, some scientists are still skeptical about the fact that he was the first man on earth. So I wanted to know what Kabbalah say on this matter.

Thank you in advance for your time and answers.

Have a good day 😉

Hi Permal,

1) I do not know the answer to that question, but I will try and find out for you.

2) Light is the sensation of the existence of the Creator. It is the connection between the Creator and the created beings. We do not perceive the essence of the upper force but only attain it’s influence upon us. Kabbalists refer to this influence as light. Attainment of this light is the purpose of creation, and the inner need to reveal this is what brings a person to the wisdom of Kabbalah.

3) Adam is referred to as the first spiritual man, meaning he was the first person to attain the upper force—to attain the light. Although there were others who lived prior to him, it was only from Adam that the counting of time began since those before him were still in the preparation phase for attaining the upper force.

Joseph

Permal,

About the Bible Secrets Youtube series, the plan is to release one video a week.

Joseph

Viewing 6 posts - 1,033 through 1,038 (of 1,063 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.