Ask Anything

New Home Forums General Forums Ask Anything

Gil
    Keymaster

Ask any question and get an answer from a KabU instructor! (for tech questions see “Tech Support” Section)

Viewing 6 posts - 523 through 528 (of 1,093 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      mrc s
      Participant

Is self love not good?

If our values of good and bad are: good = close to the Creator and bad = distance from the Creator, then we can say that self-love is bad since it separates us from Him.

Chris

mrc s
      Participant

If others are inside me do we still have to judge “others” (inside me) favorably, and if we perceive negativity in them we should attribute it to “me inside me”?

They will always be something “outside” of you that you are perceiving “inside” until you make the corrections to bring what’s outside to the inside – make them yours. Whether it’s positive or negative, currently, it’s always within the ego. The goal is to relate to them above the ego.

Chris

mrc s
      Participant

We advised should judge others favorably, so is it like if we perceive others offend us or lying or negative we should think that it is not, what if if they are isn’t that mean we are false?

Hey mrc,

We can get into a lot of confusion discussing perception of reality. Ultimately, we should always try and “pop out” of the natural tendency of looking at things and move to adopt the perception of, “None else besides Him” and “If I’m not for me, then who?”. At the beginning of the day, I must go and do what I feel I need to do and make decisions how I would make them. At the end of the day, look back at it as the Creator directing me. We can’t fool ourselves into falsely feeling we don’t have any free choice if we don’t actually feel where it is or where it isn’t. We are gradually acquiring a new perception, a correct perception and this is continuous until the end of correction. The tendency should always be to aim for what I wrote above and any corrections/adjustments that need to be made, you will know what they are and if you stay on the path, you’ll know how to ask for them.

Thanks,

Chris

M H
      Participant

I have just finished Part 2  week 3 lessons.   I was / still am a Christian but my understanding has changed. I don’t want to distract anyone by continuing to reference Christianity.  I had something happen to me 3 years ago that was explosive and I felt it physically and still feel it spiritually.  Some kind of awakening. I began to understand the scripture differently and began seeing verses I never noticed before which was strange because I have read the Bible faithfully most of my life. First it was the numbers , 3, 12, 7, 40, and 5.  I discovered the Ages, Aries , pisces, even  aquarius being foretold.  Then the number 4 and the upper and lower mind.  Davids 5 stones ( the 5 senses) Jesus 5 wounds. crucifying the senses.  Fellow christians dont seem to see the teachings as i do now.  I was wondering . Is there a Key, I mean. I have come to understand the word “bread” tends to mean nourishment / wisdom I think ? , but what about other words like ” river , or mountain, etc.” I know I am getting ahead of myself. I know there are no shortcuts. I came to Kabbalah looking for tools so that I could be successful at following the teachings of Jesus in the Gospels; because they teach to love others as yourself and to die to self in order to be born of spirit. This sounds very much like what I am learning here as well, except here it is explained in a way that gives me tools to actually achieve this goal. I desire with all my heart to be able to read the scriptures and understand what they truly teach.

Hi M H,

That’s basically it, here there is a method for correction. If you’re drawn towards revealing the Source of your existence and realize your purpose – this is what Kabbalah will help you attain. It sounds like you still have a bit to sort out. We don’t recommend trying to combine religion and Kabbalah. Most of the time, it works itself out, we would simply try to suggest from the beginning not trying to mix them just to save confusion down the road where anyways you would need to “choose” between one or the other ultimately. No rush towards that since it needs to be natural – wherever your heart leads you is what you should choose, but you need to make a decision nonetheless.

Best of luck!

Chris

M H
          Participant

My heart is telling me that the allegory in the scriptures will teach me to become closer to the creator.  Religion is not my goal.  Knowing that I am  pleasing the creator is the goal.   My understanding has changed. I  know the New Testament is also full of allegory. Pearls I suspect.  I cant speak of this to my friends or family though;  it upsets them so I stay quite.

mrc s
      Participant

Lately I’m unable to enjoy wordly pleasures it’s all seems mundane, how to enjoy life again (music, movies books etc) And why?

Ah yes….it’s hard to see this as “help from above” at the moment, probably, but if you were the Creator – how would you begin to entice the one you love to begin on the path which leads to enjoying spiritual pleasures? It’s uncomfortable to the ego now because what it’s used to enjoying from it can no longer enjoy from them, even more, you force yourself to try and enjoy them, you actually feel worse. Ya, its uncomfortable but it’s part of the path – kind of this “no man’s land” state on the way until you can start orienting yourself.

Hang onto the environment, absorb the values and desires from it and you’ll see how you need to handle these states. You’ll become thankful for them, they receive a sweetness to them as you begin to understand the ine who gave them to you and His intention. This is fulfilling more than the pleasure received directly from the old desires you used to have.

Good luck!

David Mancini
      Participant

Help please.  I can’t keep up with my ten anymore, they are too advanced for me.   What can I do?

Too advanced!? Sounds like the ideal situation. This is a better case than seeing yourself as more advanced. You’ve now got the opportunity to put yourself in their hands, to melt into them, integrate with them, have your desire be their desire, to yearn to be in their degree – to participate in the connection they have between them and you are willing to do whatever it takes to serve their spiritual goal.

I envy your state 🙂 You could say it’s easier to work with those conditions as opposed to the conditions you think you’d prefer.

Good luck friend 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 523 through 528 (of 1,093 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.