Ask Anything

Gil
    Keymaster

Ask, connect, inspire.

Viewing 6 posts - 403 through 408 (of 435 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Roberto Ayala
      Participant

Hi friends, beautiful website thank all of you that make this possible!

I have some questions, what is the place in Kabbalah for all these holy books: the Mishna, the Babylonian and the Jerusalem Talmud? Can you recommend some editions in english or spanish?

Best regards.

Kalimah A
      Participant

Hello,

I’m not sure if this is the proper place for such a question but figured I ask anyway. I have been interacting with the lessons and broadcastings off and on for several years now. I also went through the experiences of being in two ’10s’ all of last year. It was a good experience but I temporarily ‘left’ as I returned back to college and had to refocus my avail of time. I find myself longing for the Kab experience regardless and occasionally pop in a class but I know the better experience is coming back.

The issue is I don’t want to get so emotionally attached to long term friends if my corporeal and possibly spiritual views may differ from Michael Laitman views on zionism. I don’t know what to do as I may be more familar due to floating around so long so perhaps the conversation is best private as not to interfere with other fresh Students. Please advise me on maybe what I should read or do and it’s ok to make it plain to be and ‘straight up’ it’s what I prefer.
      Thank you.

Hello Kalimah. Your post raises some good points. First off, kabbalists tell us that it is impossible to enter spirituality alone, it takes a group of two or more. The easiest number to work with is a group of ten. Secondly, this group may consist of people with widely different views because the only thing they strive to connect is their points in the heart – their intention to reveal the Creator. The 10 is not a social system, it is a place where we can work on the task of correcting the ego.  Lastly, I would say that the path of study with Bnei Baruch is through KabU. This course of study has been designed to guide the student in a fast and sure way by eliminating many misconceptions and introducing a best practice framework for the study.

Lyndon
      Participant

Hi I used to be able to download archived lessons for example Seth reading from “peace in the world” then I can watch them in my own time when off-line but that function seems to have gone how do I download and save archived classes as the button saying download is no longer available/no longer shown?  Thanks Lyndon.

Lyndon
        Participant

Ahh, the ‘download’ button has re-appeared today, thanks

Lyndon
      Participant

I have just watched the final class with Seth “a Sage Speaks” could you say thanks to him.

Could I suggest that next time there is a brief précis of the several economical-political systems he refers to (fascism, communism, capitalism etc) just as a précis one or two sentences of each  (perhaps at the outset) so we can get a feel for his approach to these.  It took me a while for me to understand that we are talking about these in general and wider terms and that “what’s mine is yours and what’s yours is yours” is probably as close to communism as we ever will get although this is absolutely in the altruistic sense which is beyond our natural conditioning as humans, but hearing about communism made me sit-up and listen – at the outset I was a little bit concerned.

I understood about halfway through the classes and then things fell into place but, nevertheless having an outline of social systems would have been great from the off but excellent work and I am so pleased to have watched the classes on the Grad Environment platform.  Warm wishes to all.  Lyndon.

Hi Lyndon. I forwarded your post to Seth. He thanks you for the good feedback. And mentions that you should have got a pdf with explanations of the various political/economic systems.

Lyndon
      Participant

I just want to ask, I have doubts about the assertion that the Creator is the good that does good.

I watched a natural history documentary about migration of zebra across the planes of Kenya and was 100% horrified to see many zebra getting eaten alive, torn apart, become injured and become pray and the little zebra being torn to shreds by hyena, crocodile and snakes.

While we all talk of connection and the unbounded ever-beneficent love by the Creator I just can’t pass this question by and it keeps popping up and annoying me all the time and, of course this is just one example of the innate cruelty of nature – how can I ever accept the creator is good when he is capable of this.  CAN YOU HELP?

Second connected point, when I was walking in the lovely February sun today in the English woodland with a friend they said to me ‘oh how beautiful nature is!’  I just don’t see it that way, nature is pitted in a horrific and perpetual battle for survival and terrible misfortunes and tragedies all around and that life has to live on death to survive – all in the name of the creator, this does not work for me?  This is a point I cannot progress beyond at present.  Thanks.  Lyndon S

Hello Lyndon. You make a great point – how can the good that does good create such pain? This is perplexing, to say the least. We study kabbalah in order to understand the answer to this ( and all) dichotomy. Here’s a link to a You Tube clip made by BB on this subject of pain, suffering and the Creator:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=why+does+god+allow+pain+and+suffering+

Lyndon
          Participant

Thanks for the prompt to watch the video again “Why Does God Allow Pain & Suffering? “

The video focuses predominantly on the humanistic aspects of reception and bestowal and not the natural laws of survival and really doesn’t speak of the dire cruelty in nature.

It’s all still a very great mystery to me, how can I “Love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength” when I just watched the documentary where a young zebra got half-eaten while it’s mother’s face was ripped off by an alligator (and of course all the other terrors in the natural world).  The dreadful clamour for survival, the dreadful terrors which befall the animals and life having to sustain itself on death (it’s all too much for me and always has been).

The zebras were doing exactly what they were supposed to; working together, connecting as a whole etc (quite kabbalistic virtues) and still many fell prey to numerous predators: truly horrific.

It’s all too horrible (the natural world) and while we might focus on the human world and explain altruism, egotism and the finer virtues of each etc in a human way these can’t apply to the natural world the same way because the poor zebra has no means of understanding and yet has to feel such terrible pain, suffering and death (as does all the natural world).

I’m truly at an impasse with this, it’s too far for me to stretch, I can’t love a creator that does this, permits this, stands by and lets this (or any other permissive act) from the seat of almighty exact-fullness, bestowal, love and omnipresence?  It’s an oxymoron and I’m stuck very stuck.  Hence when I was in the English Woodland walking through a leafy glade been reminded by my friend of the beauty in nature I recoiled because I know that nature is a battlefield with millions and millions of tragedies everyday with every animal, bird, fish and insect having to fight for its very basic survival – I can’t attribute this to a loving creator whether one cares to address it is God, the Lord or nature it’s all the same.  Thanks for your support.

Nan Bress
      Participant

Rabash gives helpful tips of how all should show up at our workshops to inspire one another. I know nothing is redundant in terms of our corporeal traits. I also have yet to read anything in Rabash about optimists or pessimists but wonder if there is more instruction on how these two forces can best help one another in a ten? For example, we learn that descents are to be embraced for the illumination on what needs to be corrected, but we also do not want to prolong them. Can the force of optimism help to move along the dark cloud that lingers over the pessimist just a little bit? If so, how?

Viewing 6 posts - 403 through 408 (of 435 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.