Ask anything about week 1 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

New Home Forums Course Forums Kabbalah Revealed Interactive – Part 2 Week 1 Discuss Ask anything about week 1 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Ask anything about week 1 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Viewing 6 posts - 145 through 150 (of 194 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Nathan
      Participant

I will not say that I understand what he writes.  I can relate to the experience of the vast distance between Him and me.  When even the basic joys of life leave you wanting, how does one practically ask for help?

Hi Nathan,

There is no one closer to a person than the Creator. It’s like an embryo within the mother, even without words the embryo is in a constant connection with the mother. Likewise with us, we don’t need any special words or prayers. Whether we’re conscious of it or not, we’re in a constant connection with the Creator. So much so that the Kabbalists tell us that “even a thief in hiding calls on the Creator”. So how does one ask for help? Simply ask. Internally, externally, on a piece of paper, it does not matter, just ask. Start being an active participant in this constant dialog with Him.

That’s on the side of asking. As for receiving the help, for that we need to clarify what is our current state and what is the future state that we want to reach. As we learn, the purpose of creation is not simply to stuff us full of pleasure like we stuff a turkey, or to take some drug that’ll make us happy for the rest of our lives, but the purpose is to elevate us to the highest best possible state. Meaning to become similar to the Creator, to His qualities of love and bestowal. Everything we experience in life is there to help push us towards that direction. So if we want to receive an answer, our requests need to also be pointed in that direction.

But where can I test myself? To see if I’m truly like the Creator, if I truly am bestowing? For this we need a spiritual laboratory. A safe place for us to do spiritual work. This is the Kabbalistic group. In the Kabbalistic group is where we focus all of our spiritual work. It’s like we’re building here a certain nucleus. Once we build that nucleus, we will be able to add to it wider and wider circles of the world, until we’ll come to include the whole world in that connection. But this is gradual work. And until we build that nucleus, we have nothing with which to do any spiritual work towards the world.

We’ll learn how to do all of this practically in the more advanced semesters on KabU.

Albert @ KabU

Christianne
      Participant

no questions on this moment. Thanks for the lesson

Christianne
        Participant

wat ik ondertussen beter begreep is dat de Schepper  alles  heeft geregeld met enkel de bedoeling de mens gelukkig te zien. We  hebben onze vrije wil  zijn geen marionet  de keuze is aan ons  . Door ons denken en onze daden kan creator  zich openbaren en zijn goedheid  tonen.  Als nu  iedereen zio  zou denken en goed doen aan de andere  zou deze werled een stukje meer gelijken op het paradijs  , de spirituele wereld

Terence Adu
      Participant

When you know God is the only thing that can fill the vessel or Void what do you do. If it’s not fancy rituals and spells or altruism. What’s methods should we be using to fill this void in a long lasting way?

Terence,
        You are correct that we have this emptiness, this void.  This is what the Creator created.
        Before creation all of reality was filled evenly and equally with one endless light.  In the Creator’s thought (that’s how the kabbalists write it) arose a desire to create a creature and fill that creature with endless delight.
        From the side of the Creator, there is not time or space, so that happened instantaneously, instantaneously there is a vessel, an emptiness that is endless and is filled with the Creator’s light.
        But for us who perceive reality in our limited way, we feel here, below the barrier, we feel time and space and a sequence of events.
        As we start to perceive the system, which is what we are learning here together, we learn about the structure of this desire, this void.
        After all, all of reality is filled with endless light, so all of our work is only to make a vessel that can hold that light.
        You pour wine into barrels and potatoes into sacks.  Each thing has its correct vessel.
        For the light of the Creator we need a kli (a vessel, a deficiency, a special lack).
        What we want to do know is to start speaking with him, converse with Him in your heart, with your words, however you can and as much as you can.
        It does not change Him at all, He does not change, but by relating ourselves to Him, and when we say Him we are referring to the Creator, that endless force of bestowal, when we relate to Him, it starts to format our own vessel.
        If you wanted to raise star dust up to be a creature that knows all of reality, to become like God, so first it needs to want to eat and then procreate and then build a home and then acquire some wealth, it takes a long time until that matter organizes itself, the mind and emotion develop until it even starts to recognize that there is a Creator.
        We are on our way and these things will become more clear.
        Keep asking the Creator to guide and help us to bring His light into the world.
        He will make the vessel bigger and we will keep asking.  Later you will learn here how we connect together with others to form a structure we call a “10” between us where we form a common vessel called a soul for the Creator to dwell.
        Seth@KabU

Karen
      Participant

“I come out of the darkness into the light. I come with nothing. I empty myself of all things. I am an empty vessel. I know nothing. I have nothing. I am no thing.

Therefore, I receive from the Universe all things, and flow these in service to the light.

To create a better world and a better life.”

Thank you for helping me to understand the meaning behind these words as they relate to the study of Kabbalah.  Peace and blessings to all.

John
      Participant

One of the reasons this teaching is esoteric and was kept hidden, I believe, is that it is easy to misinterpret, if you want to do that, i.e. if that is where you really are.  You could believe that there is nothing worthwhile to do physically in this world, to help people, to make and do things because it is all as we are told, in the inner world.  So it is still dangerous and we need to be careful that in evolving our inner being we do not just use it as an excuse to be self centered and passive.  We need to emphasize that we need to act in this world in order to allow our inner growth and development to take place.

And I am not sure what Torah and Mitzvah are.

Shaun
      Participant

Hello, this is a truly wonderful and life changing system i am learning here. I just have a query. It is said “The Creator created the evil inclination and for it the Torah as a spice”

Does this mean the Creator gave man an ego, but by following the Torah he can overcome this and be a better person in this world? I am not really sure what the Torah is. I have an idea that it is a holy book used in Judaism? apologies if this is wrong. Is it meaning something else in the wisdom of Kabbalah?

My understanding is that its the correcting light and not a book ?

Thanks

Shaun,
        You are correct, there is a book that is called the Torah, or a group of books including the prophets and the writings.
        But what this is referring to is the light that is contained in the books.
        The ego must grow, by this we do not remain as beasts who only run all day to fill their “belly”, but our ego grow so much that we want to devour the world and on top of that we draw that light that corrects it.
        At the end of the day, we are a desire to receive and that will not change, we cannot bestow.
        What we can do is receive with an intention to bestow so that all of our receiving is for the sake of the whole system that we are an integral part of, we receive for the sake of the Creator.
        That action comes as a result of the light that reforms us.
        Seth@KabU

Viewing 6 posts - 145 through 150 (of 194 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.