Ask anything about week 2 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

New Home Forums Course Forums Kabbalah Revealed Interactive – Part 1 Week 2 Discuss Ask anything about week 2 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Ask anything about week 2 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Viewing 6 posts - 211 through 216 (of 307 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Adelina Santos
      Participant

Hello

The Kabbalists say that a person is like the imprint of the Creator. What does that mean?

Thank you

Adelina.

Adelina,
        The question is what is a person, called Adam.
        This does not refer to a person who wears clothes and lives in a home somewhere, but Adam means that the person has an inner structure that resembles that of the Creator.
        The flesh and blood body is not the relevant part, but the desire of the person, which direction it aims, if it aims like all of the other creatures towards reception or if it inverts towards bestowal like the Creator.
        Seth@KabU

Clifton
      Participant

In the presentation, there is no mention of what seems to be a huge disparity in what people want at each level. I would imagine many of us taking this class may not be “wealthy” (I know this is subjective), but we are wanting to move to past the first few steps to the fifth. And then there are those who are extremely wealthy, who cannot seem to acquire enough wealth, and who do not seem to want to move up the levels. I am wondering does this matter? Or is this talked about later? Thank you.

Clifton,
        All of these exist inside of a single person and they are expressed differently.
        There are many matters here.  First there is the matter of the integration of the souls and the incarnation of form through the generations.  Also there is qualitative changes.  You know a 15 year old with $100 in his pocket may feel like he owns the world so these desires come in all different ways.
        In short, if you are here, you made it.
        Seth@KabU

Abby Smiles
      Participant

Regarding the evolution of desires:

“We evolve individually and humanity evolves as a whole through five sets of desires: (1) food, sex, shelter; (2) wealth; (3) honor, pride, power; (4) knowledge; (5) spirituality.”

Is it possible (sure, anything is possible) and what are the consequences (if any) for one to skip over these desires? or if these desires were not met, does the desire for spirituality get affected and in what way? Without having a true desire for pride, power, wealth, is it possible to move through directly to knowledge and spirituality?

Thank you for this knowledge.

Hi Abby,
        Very natural and practical question.  The answer is in a clearer understanding of our situation.
        Abby Smiles is not only this protein body that incarnated a few decades ago, but there is some desire at your root that has been turning through time, going through the transformation of form as your desire grows more and more.  And even more than that, each and every one is integrally connected to all of the others so just as a baby in the womb first some organs start to develop, then the limbs start to extend but with no fingers or toes and then another part and then back to this part and then back to that part and all of humanity is developing in the same way and we are all also one part of the body of humanity so all of our desires are connected with all of others we can say both in width, meaning across all of humanity and depth, meaning across time (our previous forms).
        So you made it here, to a place where the authentic wisdom of kabbalah is being studied by students of a kabbalist (our teacher Rav Laitman) who received it from his teacher the great kabbalist (the Rabash), who received it from his teacher (Baal HaSulam) extending all the way back to the first revelation of this wisdom to humanity.  You made it 🙂
        Seth@KabU

Nicky Boo
      Participant

I am finding all this information fascinating. While listening to this and you talk about the box that creates reality I couldn’t help but think of the book by Phillip K Dick called VALIS. In that story VALIS (Vast Active Living Intelligence System) is the box that hovers in space and imprisons us in this reality, barring us from the upper worlds. The author was famously an explorer of other worlds  via drugs and mental illness. I wonder now how much his ideas where accurate or at least fantastical descriptions of things also found in Kabbalah.

Just my passing thoughts. Thanks for the lessons. Amazing stuff.

Hi Nicky,
        I’m not familiar with the book.
        And there are certainly people who attained some degree of spirituality in different ways.
        Our unique situation is that we found here a pragmatic, system, a method for the masses of humanity, for all people to develop to the next degree.  As the vegetative developed to the animate and the animate evolved to our current state, now we are in a transition to the spiritual state.
        Good to hear about your passion for the adventure we have embarked upon,
        Seth@KabU

Karen
      Participant

What a beautifully explained lesson! I am so grateful to be a part of these teachings. I found myself nodding with each revelation. Thank you, Tony.

Dave
      Participant

If the purpose to become more and more like the creator (will to bestow), the creator wants to fill us with boundless joy.  Who are we then bestowing “to” as we become more like the creator?

Dave,
        Great question, because in the first place if we are a receiver and will always remain a receiver, what anyway can we bestow?
        So on the one hand there is the desire to receive that developed according to the four phases: inanimate, vegetative, animate and speaking.  During this time the desire is growing in order that we feel ourselves and develop a desire for the Creator, not simply a desire for food, sex, family like all animals and money, honor, knowledge and power like the other social humans creatures, but that we a new desire appears in us for eternity.
        All of our work is not to attain the thing, our work is to attain a desire for the thing.  We are sitting before a set table with all of the delights.  We exist in the upper light, our problem is that we don’t discover it because we don’t have the right vessel for it.  For us to develop a desire for love, for bestowal, really it is an intention, we remain as receivers but we work with our intention that we want to receive not towards ourselves but towards the Creator, the others, all of reality is outside of my imaginary perception.  When I want only for myself that is called that I am a will to receive with an intention to receive.  When I want to connect with the system with the life of lives, with the source of all good, with the integral connection of all of reality, that is called that I am a desire to receive with an intention to bestow.
        Seth@KabU

Viewing 6 posts - 211 through 216 (of 307 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.