Ask anything about week 4 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

New Home Forums Course Forums Kabbalah Revealed Interactive – Part 2 Week 4 Discuss Ask anything about week 4 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Ask anything about week 4 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Viewing 6 posts - 55 through 60 (of 101 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Leah Bergman
      Participant

Love one another…..

Sarah
      Participant

From the past classes , understand that this work of kabbalah is the work of spiritual upper world instead of this physical world, and our spiritual purpose would be getting closer to the creator.

But at this moment we are in the physical world and bounded by it, no matter how our 5 senses perceived / what desire level we are in, we are still bounded by the physical reality. I want to spend more time to study or take spiritual acts. But physical block me e.g. my mum office work or annoying colleagues consume my time and I have less time to do spiritual study.

Another example is, we say share with others with love and treat each other as myself… But sometimes I don’t have the way / resources to share. E.g. my friend is looking for job opportunities but I don’t have openings for her.

So how can we jump out from then bound and becoming like the Creator, if we still live in the physical world?

Hi Sarah,

1. At the beginning of the spiritual path, there are a lot of tendencies to isolate ourselves from the world. So what you’re feeling is normal. But the more we advance, the more we’ll begin to see that we don’t need to isolate ourselves. Even Baal HaSulam and Rabash were not living in isolation in some Kabbalistic environment, rather they had normal jobs, families, and lived in a typical neighborhood of their time. How then did they attain such high spiritual levels? By tapping into the strength of the spiritual environment.

So if we build for ourselves a strong spiritual environment, then it will influence us even stronger than the corporeal environment that we’re in. But this is not a one time choice. Building and strengthening the spiritual environment is our constant work. As we progress, our ego will grow more and more, and the corporeal environment will pull us more and more. This is done purposefully so that this resistance will force us to build an even stronger connection to the spiritual environment, and thereby reach an even higher spiritual level.

It’s just like with a bodybuilder. If he lifts only a 1 pound weight all the time, he will not get very strong (this is equivalent to us living in isolation). In order to grow, that bodybuilder needs to constantly increase the resistance that he’s lifting. So the more we advance, the more we’ll begin to see how the everyday problems, experiences, work situations, etc we undergo in the regular society are a necessary part of our correction. That we don’t erase these things, but above them we need to stay connected to the spiritual environment. And this will determine the level of our spiritual attainment.

We’ll learn how to do this practically in the more advanced semesters of KabU.

2. We learn that “love your friend as yourself” is a great all encompassing rule of our spiritual work. It is essentially the path through which we come into contact with the Creator. But who is a friend? When Kabbalists use the word “friend” they are not referring to our corporeal buddies. A friend, in the spiritual sense of the word, is someone that is close to me spiritually, someone that shares the same spiritual goal as me. In other words, a friend is someone with an active point in the heart that is together with me on the spiritual path. This is why the spiritual work of “love your friend as yourself” is primarily carried out in a Kabbalistic group.

Furthermore, the spiritual work we do in the Kabbalistic group is the foundation of all of our work. It’s like we’re building here a certain nucleus. Once we build that nucleus, we will be able to add to it wider and wider circles of the world, until we’ll come to include the whole world in that connection. But this is gradual work. And until we build that nucleus, we have nothing with which to do any spiritual work towards the world.

So until then, how do we behave towards the rest of the world? We behave normally there, just like everyone else. Meaning don’t make a saint of yourself and at the same time don’t cause harm to others, but just act there the way normal people act.

Albert @ KabU

zeinab
      Participant

thanks. got the answer

zeinab
      Participant

how do i create this group if i know of no one else on the path?

Hi Zeinab,

You don’t need to create your own group. In the advanced semesters of KabU, we we’ll learn in depth how to do spiritual work in a group and then everyone will receive their own virtual Kabbalah group with whom they can put all those things into practice.

Albert @ KabU

We are one soul

Matanah
      Participant

Eagerly awaiting my 10!

Viewing 6 posts - 55 through 60 (of 101 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.