Ask anything about week 4 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

New Home Forums Course Forums Kabbalah Revealed Interactive – Part 1 Week 4 Discuss Ask anything about week 4 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Ask anything about week 4 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Viewing 6 posts - 175 through 180 (of 200 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Laila
      Participant

I’m very confused about Phase 4. Here it says the creature decides to receive all the pleasure from the Creator and realizes this is what was intended from the beginning. But then on the next page it says this realization in Phase 4 leads to an unfathomably unpleasant, all-pleasure-cancelling kill-switch called “spiritual shame”. How does the realization of the nature of one’s true nature to receive lead to such shame? I thought this is what the final goal, is it not?
      And why is the restriction created? Does this mean the creature literally rejects the light of the creator, or what exactly does it mean to have this restriction in place? Why would the creature create this restriction after realizing the true intention of bestowal?

Laila,
        There are a few things here.
        If the end of the story was where you say, then you are right, the vessel is filled with light, everyone is happy, let’s go home.
        But we are not there yet.
        The vessel is  full of light.  That is something.  But what do we have now.
        We have 100% minus (vessel) and 100% plus (filling/light).
        In the material world if you are there and I am here, then we are far.  If we are next to each other then we are close.
        In spirituality, if things are opposite they are far and as much as they are similar, they are close.
        So, the vessel and the light are as far apart as possible.  They are the most opposite.
        So now we have a problem.
        I’m going to use examples from this world, only to point to specific qualities and attitudes, this is not a representation of spirituality: a baby is a perfect baby, she eats and plays and receives everything from her mommy.  As a baby she is perfect and if that was the end of the story, we’d be good.  But if the baby is 40 years old with the same qualities of just receiving mindlessly from the upper ones, we’d say that there is a problem.  We want the baby to grow up and become an independant creature.
        Back to the vessel…the vessel is full and 100% opposite.  She has nothing to bestow to the Creator, she has nothing of her own, so all she can do and it’s in her attitude is to stop receiving, to at least not be 100% opposite from the light.
        This sets into motion a whole next set of events.
        From here as the vessel starts to calculate how much it can receive but only as much as it can receive in order to bestow.  And by this we set in to motion the creation of all of the partzufim, sefirot and worlds and by this there is the ability to “purify” the vessel until  100% of the vessel can receive in order to bestow.
        We will learn about all of this, including where the vessel receives more than it can bestow and the vessel shatters, known in the books as the “sin” of Adam, etc. etc.  There are many many details here.
        Your question is accurate, the answer comes from broadening your understanding and perception of the bigger picture.
        Seth@KabU

Laila
          Participant

Thanks for your response!

ben cooling
      Participant

hi seth.

what is tzimtzum aleph and how does it referee to the path set in front of me?

what is ein sof

Ben,
        We are learning about the structure of the upper worlds and the cascading of the endless upper light, also called the light of ein sof,
        ein = without
        sof  = end
        down through many concealments, the word “world” in Hebrew is related to the word  “concealment”, each world conceals the upper light.
        When the light passes through these 4 phases, there is a vessel who contains all of that endless light!
        However she has a problem, she is 100% a receiver of the light while the Creator is 100% a bestower of the light.  And the vessel (kli) is now as far from the Creator as possible, endlessly far.  It is intolerable but the vessel cannot give anything of its own, so it stops receiving…many operations happen after that, but for the time being we are learning that malchut of ein sof stops receiving. This is called that she made a tzimtzum, this is tzimtzum aleph, the first tzimtzum.
        Seth@KabU

ben cooling
          Participant

thank you, so just to see if i got it, well got it at the level which is required. a tzimtzum is when the vessel stops reciving? also in kabbalah what does it mean by a desernment? apoliges for spelling it is somthing i am working on.

Ben,
          We are not yet talking about the created being, we are still talking about the blueprint of creation, prior to the material world.  Learn this process well as the structure, later you will feel how all of the other processes extend from here.
          A discernment is some clarification that one makes, a simple example is that you have a pile of rice and you sort the good grains from the bad ones, you clarify what you are doing, what you have in front of you.  From a distance it looks like a pile of white rice, then as you get close you realize, oh, there is some sorting to do here, then you start the process and the more you get closer and get your hands in the work, you start to see what you need to do.
          Seth@KabU

ben cooling
          Participant

ok i need a little help seth.

also thank you for your clear and concise replys i have gained a lot from reading them.

what is ohr pnimi, ohr makif , derech bito, nekuda entzzait.

oh last ones.

also what is ma’n, GF, AHap. all mentioned in this weeks reading of attaining the worlds beyong

Ben,

ohr pnimi = inner light
          ohr makif = surrounding light
          derech bito =  the long slow procession of nature without our addition
          nekuda emtzaii = the middle point
          MA”N = lower waters, prayer from below
          AH”P = one of the parts of our soul that receives in order to bestow

Seth@KabU

Philip Naughton
      Participant

Why does the light give different amounts of pleasure to its creatures? Is this because of karma and past lives?

Why doesn’t the creature bestow total bliss to every creature regardless of what the creature has or hasn’t done during its lifetime (sinned / not sinned).

I am not clear as to why Creature A, for example has a happy family life, has a great education, lives if a rich country and has an amazing happy privileged and contented life. Creature B however is equally a good person and creature B but was born in a poor country by the creatures will which has lots of murders and rapes etc poor health because of poverty and famine and because of what the creator has chosen bestowed on creature B the creature hates its life?  I can understand why creature A enjoys receiving all the bounty that it gets

Philip,
        You need to learn a bit about the structure of reality, perception of reality, and then you will understand these things.  In the wisdom of kabbalah, the answers do not go in the ears.

We perceive the world through our egoistic senses, these senses depict the world in front of us.  A dog has different senses and therefore a dog perceives a totally different life, he doesn’t think about COVID or about the grocery store and bills.  Also a baby, also each and every one us experiences a unique reality, all of them are depicted through our senses.
        When we study, lights illuminate the darkness a little bit at a time and we feel a new darkness and opposite from that we build together a connection that restores the vessel there and then again a new reshimot reveals and we feel the new darkness and then we make another correction and like this we advance left and right, left and right.
        So you revealed something that you don’t agree with.  The Creator made a perfect reality and you revealed in your perception cruelty and suffering.
        I recommend going over this weeks lesson again without the intellect of the day to day world.
        Try to enter into the feeling of the spiritual world, you will see where we are, besides what we are imaging in our 5 corporeal senses with the animal senses we have.   We want to be Adam and also perceive in 5 spiritual senses.
        It is something very special.
        We will see and then we will understand the same reality, but with a different perception.
        As we learn in the books, that all the worlds exist inside of a person.
        Seth@KabU

Philip Naughton
          Participant

Sorry – even more confused now.That was a good politician’s answer Seth 🙂

Philip,
          He is the source:

Take our sense of sight, for example: we see a wide world before us, wondrously filled. But in fact, we see all that only in our own interior. In other words, there is a sort of a photographic machine in our hindbrain, which portrays everything that appears to us and nothing outside of us.

Baal HaSulam, “Preface to the Book of Zohar,” Item 34

Now go learn 🙂

Seth@KabU

Maddy
      Participant

Hi my name’s Madeline and I’m in the grad environment I’ve completed Kabbalah revealed parts 1 and 2 and Kabbalah in action. I was wondering if someone could help me be placed into a 10? Thanks.

Alicia Thompson
      Participant

Thank you for this video.

I guess opening the session explaining that it’s forbidden because it’s impossible to explain makes me feel it’s acceptable I’m a bit murky on the last bit. If it’s something I will understand further in the course feel free not to answer.

I’m just not quite understanding equivalently of form with the mind of creator/thought of creation.

Behina Dalet

is that basically because now sharing understanding of creation, or creators intent, it decides to play its part freely(and with pleasure) to satisfy the thought of creation?/intent of creator?

thank you so much

thank

Alicia,
        We have an important concept called, as light excels from darkness.
        The Creator created a will to receive that in the meantime only feels itself as a desire to receive.
        Forbidden, impossible, it’s like putting a steak before a baby.  Not only does the baby not relate at all to what is before him, but he doesn’t even have teeth or a digestive system to eat it and absorb it, his system is not yet prepared.  That’s a baby, but what about a fetus, you can’t give a fetus a steak and even the seed and egg.
        And towards spirituality we are not even implanted in the womb yet, this first zero state is the beginning of our switch from reception towards bestowal.
        At first we don’t have any way to attain the light, but as light excels… we can accostom ourselves from our state of reception to feel what is it not to receive that is already something.
        However, here too there is a discernment, there is ‘to receive’ which we cannot prevent, as the Creator made a desire to receive, but there is also the intention to receive.  On this intention we will do all of our spiritual work.
        To answer your question, we need to go through a process of being:
        receivers in order to receive
        bestow in order to receive
        bestow in order to bestow
        receive in order to bestow
        We will learn together,
        Seth@KabU

Seraphim
      Participant

This question is about those proportions of enjoyment at Behina Gimmel (10% or 20%, etc.). Do I understand this correctly if, for example, I am doing something I ordinarily enjoy like eating ice cream or swimming in a cool lake on a hot day, if 10% of my thinking “I am really enjoying this” consists also of the thought “Thank God for this ice cream” or “Thank God for this swim.”

That is, phenomenologically, what am I calculating exactly, and how am I calculating it? Is it the percentage of gratitude that I exert effort to feel in the moment of pleasure, or is it something else?

Does this mean that the thought of the tsaddik becomes 100% gratitude in feeling pleasure, such that it is no longer the pleasure itself that the tsaddik takes pleasure in, but rather the pleasure of the gratitude to the Creator for bestowing the pleasure?

Seraphim,
        Rabash uses an allegory about carrying the bag of famous person.  Suppose a great kabbalist came to town and you met him at the airport.  You would run to carry his bag, and if he tried to pay you, you would say, no, no, I don’t need to be paid, to carry your bag, to do something for you is my reward.
        We see there that serving a great person is reward, the work is the reward.
        So we see that it is not swimming or eating or even carrying heavy bags that we are concerned with, but our attitude towards the Giver.
        This special attitude is called a special light from above as a result of many operations below,  that comes and corrects our will to receive at first say 10% as in your example, until we have corrected all of our will to receive, which means piece by piece, absorbing more of the world into myself until I include all the world in my own heart and to justify (l’hatzdik…related to Tzadik) the Creator.
        Seth@KabU

Viewing 6 posts - 175 through 180 (of 200 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.