Ask anything about week 4 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

New Home Forums Course Forums Kabbalah Revealed Interactive – Part 1 Week 4 Discuss Ask anything about week 4 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Ask anything about week 4 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Viewing 6 posts - 37 through 42 (of 200 total)
  • Author
    Replies

In the related readings, in the article “Preface To The Wisdom Of Kabbalah”, from the book Kabbalah for the student (p.565), it is said that:

“(…) I shall briefly reiterate that the Thought of Creation was to delight the creatures, in accordance with His abundant generosity. For this reason, a great desire and craving to receive His abundance was imprinted in the souls.

This is so because the will to receive is the Kli (vessel) for the measure of pleasure in the abundance, since the measure and strength of the will to receive the abundance precisely corresponds to the measure of pleasure and delight in the abundance. And they are so connected that they are indivisible, except in what they relate to: the pleasure is related to the abundance, and the great desire to receive the abundance is related to the receiving creature.”

Could we state that the need and craving are feelings of the creature, due to its desire to receive, and the pleasure is actually related to the bestowal, it is, that there is pleasure in giving, and a sense of lack and yearning in receiving?

That could be a reason to imitate the Thought of Creation by receiving in order to bestow, since there is pleasure in giving and only a fleeting satisfaction in  fulfilling its needs, only to return to the sense of lack and the craving and yearning.

Thank you for clarifying this point!

Marta,
        You are doing good work.
        In general you are on target, however there are some finer details we can explore here.
        To be clear, as the text says, the Thought of Creation was to delight the creatures, to the full measure of the Creator’s generosity.
        Here is where your explanation veers off the path a bit….if the creature does not receive all of this abundance, then the creature is not fulfilling the Thought of Creation.  The creature must receive and more then that, the creature must receive in the full measure of the Creator’s generosity.
        What you mentioned that pleasure is fleeting is a function of the physical world and regarding the text, there is no physical world yet.  (The text at this point is talking about states before time and space.). The issue that happened is that the creation that is filled with abundance is at this point called Malchut of Ein Sof, meaning the Light of Ein Sof, the endless light filled the endless vessel.
        So what’s our problem?  That should have been the end of the story, why would we need our world, reality as we know it, etc.
        So here’s the probelm, Malchut of Ein Sof felt herself opposite from the Creator.  He is 100% to bestow and she is 100% to receive and due to this “disparity of form”, she felt something called busha, like spiritual shame from being so opposite from the Creator.
        And here comes now the next big chapter in the story, Malchut of Ein Sof expels all of the light from within her, leaving her 100% empty.
        This is also a problem because now she is not fulfilling the purpose of creation which is to fill her with delight and also, she feel endlessly empty now.
        Then begins the next step which the building of the screen (masach) and the calculation to only receive as much light into herself, only on the condition that she can receive in order to give contentment to the Creator, to receive in order to bestow.
        We will study all of this together in the future,
        Seth@KabU

My question is: could it be a way of taking not only for itself if the creature desires to give itself totally to the Creator, as a response to the fulfillment it has received from the Will to Bestow? Could it be this open up and total surrender of itself a way to correspond to the fulfillment of the thought of creation? A way of giving (itself) caused by receiving, as a natural reaction to the fact that it has received fulfillment from the Creator.

Thank you!

Marta,

In concept, but what is total surrender?
        Surrender to what?  How? Where is the Creator that I can communicate with Him?
        We will learn about all of these states and where our inner work is.
        Now we want to be clear about the fundamentals of the wisdom, what are the forces operating on us, where is it leading us and what can we do with all of this.

Seth@KabU

Frank Shongwe
      Participant

Dear KabU team,

I understand that the process of 4 phases of direct light describes how the desire to receive ( all creation) arrived to The Speaking level, where there is a conscious choice / involvement by creatures to achieve the original Will of the Creator. Scientifically I would also thinks this explains Evolution with Absolute Spiritual understanding. However I would like to know

1. if these phases are related to basic elements like ‘ Oxygen, Hydrogen,Nitrogen and Carbon.

2. If the phases are related to Spiritual elements like Air, Water and Earth.

3. If the Spiritual concept Yod, Hey, Vav, Hey is linked to human genetics, I read somewhere that the order of arrangement of the phosphate linkages in between  DNA segments is in the numerical values represented by the Hebrew letters of YHVH. What is Kabbalah s take on this?

4. I see alot of us are interested in how to practice or implement the screen ( intention) however most of the time you have encouraged us not to worry about that for now, will there be a full week for this chapter again. I am worried as this seems to be the backbone of every day living for a Kabbalist , a method of mastering every incident in this world and understanding that I will go through whatever situation, NOT FOR MYSELF but for the Creators fulfillment whether in the corporeal eye it looks painful or not but I will accept and look for my inner correction through it. Are we still going to be guided on practical application of the screen?

Frank,
        You have some confusion on some fundamentals.  This is of course normal as it is brand new.
        We must understand that what we found in the wisdom of kabbalah is a method.
        You heard a few things and you are immidiatly trying to link it to many other things and you also saw a pilot fly and you want to fly on the first day in the airplane.
        So I recommend that you follow the foundations. of the course and review the material often and let it inform you and later you can go back and make all the links and connections to DNA, to the parts of the body, to everything in reality you will discover the same pattern, and that pattern comes from the four letter name, but our goal is not to point out 1000 cool connections, but to attainment is our goal and from there you will understand everything.

Specifically, regarding your question, the four phases of direct light happened before time and space, before the creation of the spiritual worlds, the partzufim and sefirot, there was no speaking level yet, no conscious creation yet.
        All of those things have their root in the 4 phases, but you can’t point to a bag of nitrogen and relate it to a juicy mango, it’s just did not develop to there yet.
        You will see soon all of the elements, all the parts of the body, the seasons, the directions, etc it all comes from the same structure.

The masach, the screen is not something you can purchase or study a lot of pages and understand.  It is acquired through many efforts in heart and mind.  But if you dig 100 feet down to reach water, but you dig in the wrong place, all of the labor is in vain.
        So go along with us and learn the fundamentals upon which the rest of your attainment will be built and stabalized.  That is the most, healthy, quick and effective way to go.

The hero is the patient one,
        Seth@KabU

This is good advice for me, and I take it. It’s not about intellectual understanding, but about spiritual attainment.

So it’s better to learn the fundamentals well, and not try to assimilate this information by the previous knowledge we had.

Thank you.

Damjan Stanek
      Participant

Very good and clear lesson with simple and clear example…

Participant

創造主と創造物が完全に接着した状態とはその意図や願いが創造主と一つになっているいみでしょうか?

Similar.
        The creature will always be a will to receive, however, as the Creator bestows, the creature must receive but he can receive with an intention that his reception will be for the sake of the Creator.

Seth@KabU

I don’t understand the question.
        Seth@KabU

Julia
      Participant

I thought I understood what the light of Hassadim was, but after reading this week’s recommended readings, I am again confused. The light of Hassadim comes into play in behina bet.

1. Is this the light that the creature bestows? Meaning that it is not direct light from the creator, but the light that the creature reflects/bestows?

2. If yes, than it means that in behina Gimel, when the creature receives the light of Hassadim, it receives the light that she herself reflected/bestowed during behina bet. Is this a correct way of putting it?

Julia,
        Reflected Light is the attitude of bestowal of the creation towards the Creator.
        Regarding question 2, you are mostly correct, however, there is no reception without the Light of Hochma.  Any Hasadim that is received must have in it at least a small amount of the Light of Hochma.  After all, no one has anything to actually give to anyone, or to the Creator for that matter.  Everything comes from Him.  If I’m going to bestow something, I need to get it from Him and pass it on.
        Seth@KabU

Viewing 6 posts - 37 through 42 (of 200 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.