Ask anything about week 4 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

New Home Forums Course Forums Kabbalah Revealed Interactive – Part 1 Week 4 Discuss Ask anything about week 4 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Ask anything about week 4 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Viewing 6 posts - 43 through 48 (of 200 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Julia
      Participant

Do the four phases of the direct light correspond to four spiritual worlds? Meaning that Atzilut is Behina Aleph, Briah is Bet, Yetzira is Gimel, and Assiah is Dalet? I am very confused by this, because from the videos on the Kabbalah YouTube channel, I  understood that the four phases of the direct light PRECEDE the formation of the worlds, but the recommended readings from this week state that they are essentially THE SAME, meaning that there is a one-to-one correspondence between them. I would appreciate your help.

Julia,
        Here is an excerpt from one of the very important articles The Preface to the Wisdom of Kabbalah by Baal HaSulam, that we will study together later about the structure of reality.
        Seth@KabU

I think this will help with your question:

<<The above-mentioned order of cascading [HE IS REFERRING HERE TO THE FOUR PHASES OF DIRECT LIGHT THAT YOU ASKED ABOUT], which brings the will to receive to its final form in this world, follows a sequence of four phases that exist in the four-letter-name [HaVaYaH (Yod-Hey-Vav-Hey)]. This is because the four letters, HaVaYaH, in His name contain the whole of reality, without any exception.

In general, they are described in the ten Sefirot, Hochma, Bina, Tifferet, Malchut, and their root. They are ten Sefirot because the Sefira [sing. of Sefirot] Tifferet contains six internal Sefirot, called HGT NHY [Hesed–Gevura–Tifferet Netzah–Hod–Yesod], and the root is called Keter. Yet, in essence, they are called HB TM [Hochma-Bina Tifferet-Malchut].

These are four worlds called Atzilut, Beria, Yetzira, and Assiya. The world of Assiya contains this world within it. Thus, there is not a creature in this world that is not initiated in Ein Sof, in the thought of creation to delight His creations. Hence, it is innately comprised of light and vessel, meaning a certain measure of abundance with the will to receive that abundance.

The measure of abundance extends existence from existence from His self, and the will to receive the abundance is initiated existence from absence.

But for that will to receive to acquire its final quality, it must cascade along with the abundance within it through the four worlds—Atzilut, Beria, Yetzira, Assiya. This completes creation in light and vessel, called “body,” and the “light of life” within it.

Karen Assayag
      Participant

Could you kindly provide some examples from real life (not metaphors … but actual examples) of a will to receive that is equivalent to the will to bestow

Karen,

No. Bestowing is a spiritual action.
        There is nothing to point to to see it.

You can give a gift in order to receive or in order to bestow. On the outside it looks identical.

Seth@KabU

Garry
      Participant

(1)-My understanding is that here, in the corporeal world, we experience the feeling of pleasure (of our egoistic desires) only at the juncture where the Light meets the desire. After that we cannot feel the Light and the desire (and pleasure) disappear. We then feel a “new” lack (desire) that needs to be filled. A vicious cycle… Easy to experience when eating a favorite food.

But what about (egoistic) activities like playing a favorite sport. When I was younger I could play Tennis all day long! Loved the sport and would even structure my days so I could play as often as possible! It wasn’t so much about winning, more about the joy of playing the game and improving. I would only stop playing because of time constraints, or because of physical exhaustion– it’s hot in Florida! Clearly I was playing Tennis to receive pleasure for self alone..no real thought of desiring to receive for the sake of sharing or for the sake of the creator.

(2)- Wondering if it would be possible to participate in a corporeal activity like playing tennis and perhaps change the intention to a more “altruistic” one by:

(a) Perhaps realizing that all Light (pleasure) is coming to me from the Creator, who only wishes to delight the creature (Adam ha Rishon), and like “the guest and the host” I can bring contentment to the Creator by enjoying what he has provided for me! A bit of a “stretch” I admit…

(b) Perhaps thinking of sharing (with all of the Shechinah) the feelings of joy and gratitude (for the Creator’s gifts) I experience while playing Tennis. Of course, at best this can only be Lo Lishma, but possibly a useful scrutiny and discernment (?)

Garry,

You are onto something.
        The goal is that regardless of what we are doing with our bodies, our hearts and minds will be connected to the Creator.

The more we study the more we will see where our goal is. It sounds like you are already starting to feel that it’s not some action one performs with his hands but it’s some inner state of connection.

Even when you’re playing tennis.

Seth@KabU

Ricardo Alves
      Participant

It was a good lesson

Brendan
      Participant

I have 2 questions at this point in the lesson.

1. I understand the analogy in the lesson about the host and guest and the method of giving to the Creator by allowing yourself to enjoy the meal prepared. Can I have a practical daily example to make sure I understand the application of the method described?

2. Is there any way for us to measure the current point where we are in terms of the construction of the degrees of the soul (Nefesh, Ruach, Neshama, Haya, Yechida.)?Thank you

Brendan,

We are not yet talking about what to do with your hands and feet.  Why?  Because you can give away all of your money but do it for egoistic reasons or in the other hand you can withhold giving and it’s actually for the good of the other.
        So our example is to depict an inner direction.

Read it a few more times and try to feel the inner movement that would take place in your inner attitude and emotions.

For example, if the person you respect the most in the world gave you a glass of water and Sat to drink with you. That is more cherished than someone you hate giving you a dinner.  Think about these things.

Regarding your second question, we didn’t yet get to filling the vessel with any of the lights of our soul, this all takes place after we build a screen/masach.  We will learn about this more soon.

Seth@KabU

Brendan
          Participant

Thank you Seth, I appreciate this feedback. It is clear now. Will look forward to the next step.

Cristina
      Participant

thank you Dear Seth 🙏🏼

Viewing 6 posts - 43 through 48 (of 200 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.