Ask anything about week 5 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

New Home Forums Course Forums Kabbalah Revealed Interactive – Part 1 Week 5 Discuss Ask anything about week 5 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Ask anything about week 5 lesson and materials and get an answer from a senior Kabbalah instructor.

Viewing 6 posts - 55 through 60 (of 113 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Rae
      Participant

So as I seek to be a vessel for the Creator and fulfill my purpose as the Creature, I am loving my friend as myself? It certainly feels as though I experience more and more a life of just the Creature and the Creator ❤️

Hi Rae,

Yes, “love your friend as yourself” is a great all encompassing rule of our spiritual work. It is essentially the path through which we come into contact with the Creator.

Keep in mind that when Kabbalists use the word “friend” they are not referring to our corporeal buddies.  A friend, in the spiritual sense of the word, is someone that is close to me spiritually, someone that shares the same spiritual goal as me. In other words, a friend is someone with an active point in the heart that is together with me on the spiritual path. This is why the spiritual work of “love your friend as yourself” is primarily carried out in a Kabbalistic group.

As for the rest of the world, we should remember that “there is no coercion in spirituality” and do our best not to force anyone into doing this type of spiritual work. So when we are outside of the Kabbalistic group, the best thing to do is to act normal, just like everyone else.

We’ll learn more about this in the more advanced lessons.

Albert @ KabU

How do we uplift ourselves into high states of emotions, from depression to enlightenment. Also, how can we improve our consciousness as well, putting our dream states into reality?

Hi Kai,

The trick is to focus outside of ourselves, on helping others to do that. If we can help uplift others, we ourselves will also be uplifted. This is why Kabbalists have always studied in Kabbalistic groups. We’ll learn more about these things in the advanced semesters on KabU where everyone will receive their own Kabbalah group with whom you can put these things into practice.

Albert @ KabU

hamilton de sousa
      Participant

For me its all in the mind. The more you get your attention into a subject the more you will understand how it does work and operate. The equivalence of form is the-same, the more you are reading and studying about connection, oneness love and bestow the easy become to understand and apply any Kabbalist concepts including the equivqlence of form. However never the less to mention the intention for connection with the upper force has a driven force.

Joey
      Participant

What happens when we fall off course? Start from square one?

Hi Joey,

The rule is that “one is raised in holiness and never lowered.” So even if we fall off course, we never go backwards.

Albert @ KabU

Namron
      Participant

An example for me to understand equivalence of form was the artisan and his work, a carpenter for example, in order to build a table, he has to work the wood in certain ways so he can finish with a table the resembles the idea he had of the table he wanted to build, to do that he had to solve the problems or situations he encountered with the material. Now if I see that table and study the way he solve the problems I will get in touch with some of his mental process and understand him a bit more (assuming I’m building a table like his and trying to solve the same problems). Is it my understanding the equivalence of form with the carpenter? If so how my desires can find this equivalence with the laws?

Hi Namron,

Yes, you can say that about the carpenter.

Regarding equivalence of form on the level of our desires, if we had an example of a spiritual desire, we would be able to emulate and copy it in order to reach equivalence of form with it. The problem is that such a thing does not exist on the level of our world. The best that we can do here is to read the Kabbalistic texts which describe to us these spiritual desires in the language of roots and branches. By reading these texts and trying to understand and feel them within our desire, through those efforts we evoke the light that is in these texts. This light gradually corrects our desires and makes them similar to the spiritual desire that we read and aspire towards. And then in the corrected desire, we will reach equivalence of form with spirituality and begin to feel it in practice.

Check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details: https://laitman.com/2013/02/sunbathing-in-the-rays-of-the-reforming-light/

Albert @ KabU

Namron
          Participant

Hi Albert and thank you for taking the time to answer my question.

Just trying to understand and feel the light that corrects the desire I will evoke it. Beautiful.

Miryam
      Participant

The reading assignment in Kabbalah Revealed for Week 5 is the same as what we read in Week 2. Are we being asked to re-read this chapter, or is there an error? Thank you!

Hi Miryam,

It’s not an error, we reread the study materials all the time, because as we change, we discover new discernments in these articles.

Some general advice outside of the topical weekly recommended readings: you can read through the books Kabbalah Revealed and Attaining the Worlds Beyond from beginning to end. This will give you a solid foundation. Kabbalah for the Student on the other hand is a textbook of primary sources. It can be very challenging. So it’s better for now to just stick with reading the recommended reading materials in that one. After you get a good foundation, you can read through that one as well.

Albert @ KabU

Miryam
          Participant

Thank you, Albert. And yes, I found as I was re-reading that in many ways it was like reading the material for the first time, yet, not exactly, because I also kept noticing a juxtaposition between earlier impressions and the present ones. Because I am actually reviewing these first 4 courses (I stepped away from KABU for over a year) this is also something I’ve noticed repeatedly as I re-discover the material this time. So much to appreciate and look forward to!

I also appreciate your suggestion to read Kabbalah Revealed and Attaining The Worlds Beyond in their entirety, as well as your advice to not do so, at this time, with Kabbalah For The Student. All sound advice that I am taking to heart, and will follow through with.

Thank You.

Viewing 6 posts - 55 through 60 (of 113 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.