Preparation Prompt: What does transitioning from a self-centered perception of reality to one grounded in altruism entail?

New Home Forums Course Forums Kabbalah in Action Week 2 Discuss Preparation Prompt: What does transitioning from a self-centered perception of reality to one grounded in altruism entail?

Preparation Prompt: What does transitioning from a self-centered perception of reality to one grounded in altruism entail?

Viewing 6 posts - 115 through 120 (of 313 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Ann Stephens
      Participant

I don’t know, but I intend to find out. It seems to me that I must first come to feel what bestowal really means. In this world, it is difficult to perceive the creator as the good that does good, which is what bestowal is all about. Perhaps my first shift in perception is to see that the things that have happened and are currently happening, especially those I label as “bad” are actually a necessary part of correction. This all helps me to see how NOT like the creator I really am. My reactions to people and events around me are wholly egoistic, as hard as this may be to admit. I don’t have any idea what bestowal really is, but I know what it isn’t.

Andreanne
      Participant

it means to think of the happiness of others; to be focused on others. To consider consequences of words and actions and on how others feel.

Peter Hjorth
      Participant

It means to work on correcting my intentions, so that I will be able to bestow when I recieve.
      It means that I intentionally strive to reach equivalence of form with the creator.

Eberhard
      Participant

It means to shift my perception from what I receive to what I give.

Clara
      Participant

It means to stay above. It means to be stronger than yourself, stronger than that, which attacks me. It means I contain what I see, not vice versa. it is in my mind and I have the power over it. It means to step back and just be at service. It means to stop wanting and needing. Peace. And it means too, that if all my brothers and sisters finally do this, I will finally be seen and recognized and apreciated right the way I am, so that I will be allowed and supported to do my unique work here, so that finally my basic needs will be covered (and buy books too!), so that I still can continue to bestow being in this body 😄 yes I know I’ve still put a will to receive in, but this was conscious! And it is true!

Vania
      Participant

It means to perceive the world and everything in it as part of me.

Viewing 6 posts - 115 through 120 (of 313 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.