Preparation Prompt: What does transitioning from a self-centered perception of reality to one grounded in altruism entail?

New Home Forums Course Forums Kabbalah in Action Week 2 Discuss Preparation Prompt: What does transitioning from a self-centered perception of reality to one grounded in altruism entail?

Preparation Prompt: What does transitioning from a self-centered perception of reality to one grounded in altruism entail?

Viewing 6 posts - 223 through 228 (of 345 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Victoria
      Participant

It means being in an environment that is fixated on what I don’t have or what I want versus creating/praying for an environment where what matters is what the Creator wants. AKA reception vs bestowal

Michael
      Participant

To shift one’s identity from ‘me’ to ‘we’.

Peter
      Participant

The concept is still a bit nebulous to me, but I feel like I am slowly starting to grasp it. I hope to gain a better understanding this week, as well as an understanding of how to apply it.

Katel
      Participant

To shift from an egoistic perception of reality to a perception based on bestowal means:

To intentionally rise above the default human nature of fish love; i.e. selfishness and exploitation at the expense of others and nature to a loftier position of  love for neighbor as oneself; and only by the help of the Creator.

Marko Podgorsek
      Participant

It means that we have to ‘reject’ everything we can perceive or feel or think and choose the alternative that we don’t perceive in any way. It’s like leap of faith. In other words, we choose something above our nature. We learn this wisdom so that we reduce the ‘anxiety’ and we choose the alternative, because we learn that Creator is Good that does Good and that all will be well.

Purity K
      Participant

Shifting from an egoistic perception of reality to a perception based on bestowal means to forego self-love for the  love for one’s fellow.

Viewing 6 posts - 223 through 228 (of 345 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.