Preparation Prompt: What does transitioning from a self-centered perception of reality to one grounded in altruism entail?

New Home Forums Course Forums Kabbalah in Action Week 2 Discuss Preparation Prompt: What does transitioning from a self-centered perception of reality to one grounded in altruism entail?

Preparation Prompt: What does transitioning from a self-centered perception of reality to one grounded in altruism entail?

Viewing 6 posts - 235 through 240 (of 344 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Abbaa Naa’ol
      Participant

My Name Is Kebede Mamo Dessis from Ethiopia/ Oromiya

Changing from egoistic perception of reality to a perception based on bestowal means, change our intentions, restricting the traditional use of our desires

Dale
      Participant

It means that we realize that the world doesn’t revolve around us. That there is more happiness in giving than there is in receiving. That it is our joy to be like our Creator, who loves to give.

To shift from one perception to another perception.

From this world to The Upper Light

Sincerely Elma powers

Aaron Lessin
      Participant

To shift from an egoistic perception of reality to a perception based on bestowal is a movement out of our egoistic desire to receive pleasure selfishly to a desire to receive in order to bestow. This connection comes about in practice through connection to the point where we see the other as ourself, not separate as the ego sees the other. This change in perception is a process of becoming like the Creator.

Shmuley
      Participant

It is to understand that we all are interconnected. We all have needs and we all want to give to other’s needs. This is shown in nature, everything is interconnected and one gives to the other and viceversa. As humans we are called to do the same. When we learn to do that we will live in peace.

Ozie
      Participant

My answer to this question is a circular response. Even when I want to have the reaction of bestowal on someone it is still for my own selfish reasons. I’m still getting something out of it. Even if I truly want to give to someone I still benefit from their response to my gift. So even though my bestowal was “honest”. I still got something out of it. No matter how much I appear to be bestowing I am still doing it for an egoistic reason.

Viewing 6 posts - 235 through 240 (of 344 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.