Reflect: Share something from the lesson that blew your mind, or even just gave you a new perspective.

New Home Forums Course Forums Kabbalah Revealed Interactive – Part 1 Week 1 Discuss Reflect: Share something from the lesson that blew your mind, or even just gave you a new perspective.

Reflect: Share something from the lesson that blew your mind, or even just gave you a new perspective.

Viewing 6 posts - 103 through 108 (of 155 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Temperance
      Participant

I love that the teaching is so natural and pure, that everyone thinks is, what is not. Not realizing it All comes from this true source. I’m already mind blown that the teachings are making me just see life in a brighter, softer, more loving way. Thank you for giving your time to teach all of us divine searching souls. I’m excited to see and feel what the next weeks bring.

Amani
      Participant

I hold a master degree of physics so I’ve a scientist mind. In all systems we learn by mind. But with kabbalah I’ve to follow the Creator who make me discorver the reality. So I think my ego should be passive ?

Javier
      Participant

Eventhough I heard 1000 of times before the word Creator even in the framework of Kabballah teachings now I think I have grasp the meaning as a force of bestowal (light) that penetreates and evolves all of reality, which is Nature itself.

Tamar
      Participant

Hello, my question is, how is it that students/ teachers study for so long…it seems that at a certain point one becomes a teacher to pass on the wisdom. At what point? Also, can teachers of Kabbalah say they are no longer like us, being able to interpret only 2000 bits out of 400 billion or more? Was that ever scientifically challenged?

Hi Tamar, great questions!

The student/teacher relationship remains for so long because everything that we learn from our teachers, gets passed down to us in a chain. It’s like when water trickles down a staircase. It goes from the top step, to the next step, to the next, etc, until it reaches the bottom step. In other words, this chain, this structure will always remain. Everything we get, we will always get from our teacher. And everything our teacher will get, he will always get from his teacher, etc. Even if the teacher passes away, this chain will always remain. And this chain goes all the way back to the very first Kabbalist.

Check out these blog posts from Rav Laitman for more details:

https://laitman.com/2019/02/the-ladder-of-attainment-is-constant/

https://laitman.com/2017/01/receiving-light-through-the-teacher/

And yes, at a certain point a student becomes a teacher for the next generation to pass this wisdom onward. But this does not necessarily mean to teach in a frontal way, because there are many different means by which we can share this wisdom with others. We’ll learn about these things in the more advanced semesters.

As for teachers of Kabbalah being not like us, it depends. On the animate level, they are exactly like us. So much so, that even during the pandemic, our teacher also went under lock-down, just like everyone else. His animate (animalistic) body is no different than any one of us.

So what is different about a Kabbalist? It’s not in their animalistic bodies, but rather in their soul. A Kabbalist has corrected his egoistic desires, at least to some extent, and has converted them to operate in the direction of love and bestowal. In that corrected desire (called a soul), a Kabbalist reveals different levels of spirituality.

Can we measure these things? If we are on the level of a Kabbalist, we can measure these differences in the desires in an extremely precise way. But if we are still not, if we still only exist on the level of this egoistic world, then we still lack the tools to objectively measure these things.

Check out this blog post from Rav Laitman for more details: https://laitman.com/2017/05/what-is-the-soul-4/

Albert @ KabU

P.S. This is the reflection forum, please post future questions to the question forum.

Victoria
      Participant

The readings really awakened beautiful sensations in me even just the instruction manual of “How To Read The Text”… the idea that the work happens while i’m reading, and not through intellectual interpretation but sort of as a deepening in awareness of the feelings developing inside of me… on that note, another very very *very* fascinating thing i learned… that the feelings i have inside of me that propel me to make decisions aren’t actually mine but stem from the Creator, and that these feelings lead me to my egoistical desires and the feeling of disappointment they bring lead me to turn to altruistic desires, such as being One with Creation… also that the perception of the three aspects of life being separate (The Path, The Self and The Creator) is an indictor of where I am in my Path and that they are in fact not separate.

J
      Participant

The fact that what we think we are seeing and how our brains interpret these things after they have been filtered by our senses is a mind blowing concept

Viewing 6 posts - 103 through 108 (of 155 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.