Share your impressions and experience from listening to the book of Zohar. What feelings did it evoke in you?

New Home Forums Course Forums Enter the Zohar: A Journey of Inner Transformation Share your impressions and experience from listening to the book of Zohar. What feelings did it evoke in you?

Share your impressions and experience from listening to the book of Zohar. What feelings did it evoke in you?

Viewing 6 posts - 67 through 72 (of 167 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Tony Blanco
      Participant

Hebrew

Shmuley
      Participant

It was easier to maintain the intention while listening to the Hebrew version. When listening to the English version, I kept finding myself trying to understand what was being said & had to re-focus on the intention.

Adelina Santos
      Participant

First of all, I couldn`t avoid  my intellect  trying to understand the Zohar in english. In hebrew, I did not understand and it was easier to flow with the intention.

Erica
      Participant

Listening to the Hebrew version felt like listening to an elder reading an educational story to me by the fireplace. It’s like being a child, knowing you don’t understand the language but eventually will. The English version, was more mathematical requiring my mind to work to retain the information and passive listening required me to ignore almost tune out what was being said. I feel that I participated more in active listening than with the English version. There wasn’t a bridge that connected us like the Hebrew.

Etienne Fourie
      Participant

For me it was also easier to listen to the Hebrew version, because I did not try to understand.

Aileen
      Participant

I found the Hebrew version easier to keep a focus of intention because the English version was confusing and directed my intention to trying to understand what was being said.

Viewing 6 posts - 67 through 72 (of 167 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.