Ask Anything

New Home Forums General Forums Ask Anything

Gil
    Keymaster

Ask any question and get an answer from a KabU instructor! (for tech questions see “Tech Support” Section)

Viewing 6 posts - 367 through 372 (of 1,056 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      mrc s
      Participant

What is prayer for if G-d already know what our needs and give us what according to His understanding?

Hi mrc,

Prayer is our reaction to what we receive from His providence. Lack of satisfaction is always an indication of a need for correction. This is actually a gift He gives us for us to locate what needs to be corrected and ask for that correction. When we feel what is uncorrected, meaning a lack, along with the fulfillment of that lack, we then acquire an expanded/broadened perception. This is the path of our development which gradually opens up a new world before us.

Thanks!

mrc s
      Participant

Should I be content with what I have or desiring more and more pleasure?

Hi mrc,

According to Kabbalah, a bigger desire is better. This is what pushes us towards correction. We always say being content is essentially cessation of movement–death.  On this path, we should always be looking for more and more desire. This desire never comes from within ourselves, rather something we have to acquire from the outside. This comes as a result of our incorporation within one another, influencing each other and bringing us out of our own state of “content” and into a state of lacking–specifically however a lack for bestowal.

Thanks!

Chris

mrc s
      Participant

If I suffer is it my fault or I’m innocent and it’s G-d’s plan?

mrc s
      Participant

Does all people have the same overall happiness or there are more happy people and less happy people, it seem more just that all people experience the same overall pleasure

Hi mrc,

Everyone is different, with different life circumstances, different preparations, etc., of course, but we can’t really compare pleasure since this is completely subjective. What does make us the same is our desire to receive pleasure and ultimately our desire to be similar to the Creator which will unite us all in Gmar HaTikkun.

Thanks!

Chris

David Mancini
      Participant

A great friend from my ten has been missing since August 3rd.  What actions can we do as a ten to get him back?

You need to try. Be sensitive though. Everyone is different and needs a tailored approach. Always try and awaken from the side of love and never guilt. If you tried, you tried. We learn helping 2 times, reaching out to them twice is what we do. After that, you can say we’ve done what we could and if they decide they’re done then it’s what they’ve decided. If they want to stay somehow connected, you need to save room for them in the way they can participate.

Best of luck, David.

David Mancini
      Participant

How does one properly “open” his heart?

I guess we’re still figuring that out bit by bit. The more we want it, the more we become sensitive to it. But that’s the key, which is our egos won’t let us open the heart, so the more we want it the more we’ll cry out to the Creator to give us that gift–He’s in charge of the hearts!

Viewing 6 posts - 367 through 372 (of 1,056 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.