Share something from the lesson that you found insightful, or share your impressions from the exercise.

New Home Forums Course Forums The Spiritual Partnership 2. Understanding Our Human Nature Share something from the lesson that you found insightful, or share your impressions from the exercise.

• This topic has 98 replies, 74 voices, and was last updated 3 weeks ago by peter.

Tal Mandelbaum

Share something from the lesson that you found insightful, or share your impressions from the exercise.

Viewing 6 posts - 49 through 54 (of 77 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Bonnie A. Bus
      Participant

First knowing what I feel and realize what’s happening in between me and the other.

Yajaira
      Participant

For me it was inspiring the idea of using our relationship as a Lab for personal growth.

M
      Participant

Trying to make the other person to fulfill my needs only brought me disappointment.

I am trying to learn how to embrace the other person the way they are

Tal Mandelbaum

Hi, this effort needs to be mutual for it to be fruitful…it’s really a joint venture or game, where we want to appreciate each other and make each other happy above our ego. But this has to be mutual to succeed because we need each other’s examples to be motivated!

Maria
      Participant

This is a great exercise. I learned a lot about myself, about my expectations, and all this realisation came only by paying a little bit more attention to what’s going on around me and how I’m responding.

ARD51306
      Participant

I have been working on taking my ego out of the equation for some time, but I am amazed at how easy it is to find myself arguing with my mate despite these attempts.  Fortunately, it’s never really serious stuff, but the ego really likes to get in the middle of things!

Tal Mandelbaum

Yes! We have a lot of wiring to undo ….a lot of these things are automatic and even instinctive (for example we will get defensive if we feel attacked). Our challenge is to add consciousness and be aware of what is happening. Then when we see that we have been triggered or are not in control of our behavior, we can ask to take a break (time it, say you’ll come back) and regroup. During this break, you can recalibrate your intentions, choose better thoughts/words/attitude and come back to your mate to repair.

When we reconnect after we have experienced distancing/conflict (which is totally natural), we can experience deeper levels of connection than before. That is actually the purpose of the negativity! To usher in greater positivity 🙂

~marz
      Participant

Very interesting times to be single during the pandemic. I am excited to continue to learn healthy relationship patterns & behaviors with the intention of fully putting them into affect… soon… this time has provided me the space to learn about myself but not the “lab” to experiment ways of doing things differently. I look forward to practicing with another person.

Viewing 6 posts - 49 through 54 (of 77 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.