Ask Anything

Gil
    Keymaster

Ask, connect, inspire.

Viewing 6 posts - 409 through 414 (of 434 total)
  • Author
    Replies
      Lyndon
      Participant

Dear Instructor, in ‘Gems of Wisdom’ at p.19 it says, “The soul cascaded by way of cause and consequence and descended degree-by-degree until it became suitable to come into this world and clothe the filthy corporeal body.”

Why does it here refer to the physical body as being ‘filthy’, surly the physical aspec of me is not filthy and I haven’t heard this before.  Surly the physical body is as necessary for the individual to experience the world in its fullness and learn by way of it and not to be despised or spoke of as being filthy. It [the physical organs and body]  is a temple to the living spirit which dwells within?

Could you explain.  Thanks.  Lyndon S.

Hello Lyndon. The descent into the filthy corporeal body refers to the state where I only want to receive for my own benefit. We start to see this state as filthy when we feel it is preventing us from attaining the pure state of being like the Creator. Both states are necessary because without both we feel nothing. Kabbalists bless for both the “bad” and the “good”.

Lyndon
          Participant

Hi Jim, That makes sense and aligns with my understanding very much so far and I am more clear now with your reply here.  Thanks.

Paul
      Participant

What is the distinction between being balanced int he middle line and being centered in the middle line?

Hello Paul. I don’t know that there is a distinction. Sounds like two ways to same the same thing. The problem is I don’t know what the middle line is until actually entering spirituality. After crossing the machsom, then, as the kabbalists say, there is none so wise as the experienced.

Paul
          Participant

Hallo Jim, I asked it because I was intrigued by a blogpost from Rav Laitman. **Here is an excerpt (and now i see, containing the answer to my question) :

[…] However, on the human level, balance is not reached by averaging, like it is on the still, vegetative, or animate levels, but by the means that the minus and the plus are uniting together! The left and the right lines do not balance themselves out in the middle, but are united at the center, and that is why this middle line turns out to be on a higher level than their simple sum. This is the difference between the middle line in our world and in the spiritual.

** Blogpost: The union of the plus and the minus.

Jhon Alvarez
      Participant

When we are starting in the study of the wisdom of Kabbalah, we might be confused about the concept of prayer, and therefore do not want to engage in prayer, because we don’t feel we have developed a deficiency for a true prayer. However, in Ten, the work sometimes requires engaging in prayer with other friends that might have the need for it. What is the right approach here? Should we resist prayer until we feel the true need for it? or Can we start engaging in a group prayer even if we still do not feel the deficiency for prayer? and/or we don even understand what a true prayer is?  How can we at least express gratitude to the Creator for putting us in the right environment? Can we try at the beginning to elevate in a form of prayer that the need for a prayer and the deficiency for it comes?

Hello Jhon. “Can we try at the beginning to elevate in a form of prayer that the need for a prayer and the deficiency for it comes?”

This is a good discernment. If we don’t have a deficiency for a prayer, we need to pray to have such a deficiency. Kabbalists call it a prayer before the prayer.  Rav Laitman has said many times – our only work is to connect together and pray. The challenge is to keep at it until we achieve both of these.

Nan Bress
      Participant

When I read from Baal HaSulam that “the memory of our friends left hopelessly in the terrible desert remains deep within our hearts,” I think of today’s high schools students who are suffering acutely in the unreality of COVID, where former teen-pleasure-seeking paths are bypassed as they experience nihilism at an accelerated rate. How can we throw this generation a rope down their hole?

Hello Nan. Kabbalah is really only relevant to people with an awakened point in the heart. Those who feel the need to know the meaning of life. The best help we can give to the regular corporeal world is to advertise to them that life can be much better if we operate from an altruistic point of view, as opposed to the egoistic position.  In Bnei Baruch we call this type of outreach “Integral Education”.

Jake Lawy
      Participant

hello all,

I have a technical question. I have tried to understand the concept hafetz hessed. I noticed similarity to the phase behina bet, where the being realises giving is better – so the desire awakens . the next realisation (I think ) is that one has nothing to give and no capacity to give which would be in the next phase ?

The main point I am asking is is hafetz hessed a more specific articulation of the behina bet part of the process or is it not related like this at all?

I am in a young group now . My reason for wanting to know is that our prayers will be accurate.

thank you in advance

jake

Hello Jake, good observation. You may remember from the structure of creation class that binah is divided into two parts – gar and zat. The state of hafetz hesed corresponds to the gar part. Here’s a link to some comments from Rav Laitman on this topic: https://laitman.com/2010/12/love-is-mutual-inclusion/

Jake Lawy
          Participant

Thank you , that article is perfect ! I searched snd searched but never found it!

So hafetz hessed is gar part of bina . This is the pure desire to bestow as opposed to corrected will to recieve which is zat.

i will look for snd review that class . It’s in my head but not clear ,

reading the link i have another question :

I see two binary distinctions relating to bina:

zat/gar

Ge/ ahp

can you help me understand what they are in relation to each other and how each applies as opposed to the other ?

Thank you again

jake

Hi Jake. Gar and Zat are the same as GE and AHP. The terms used depend on which Binah we are talking about.  Every partzuf has a Binah.

Jake Lawy
          Participant

Thanks Jim,

It is all coming together. I shared with my 10 they are buzzing!

I have one more question to follow up

I am reflecting on now is the meaning of the difference between the upper two levels on the diagram in the article; in the second top level AHP is above GE whilst on the top level GE is above AHP

it could mean that ultimately ones sense that one has anything to give is nullified by the greatness of the creator and that all giving can only be to others … done in order to bring joy to creator?  but it could mean many other things also!

Any clarity you can bring will bring great joy to the friends

thank you Jim

Hi Jake. In the diagram the lower level illustrates how we rise in the spiritual levels once we have entered the spiritual world. The GE of the lower connects to the AHP of the upper. Later, they function as one. The lower level is sometimes referred to as reward and punishment, while the upper level is called Love.

Jurandy Silva
      Participant

It´s been a while since I don´t come here. What happened to KabU website? LOL
      My first impression was good… things are organized in such a way they became easier to find. I see some new courses, so is there any tutorial for this new website? Something that would make a tour? Thank you all

Hello Jurandy. Here’s a reply from Zohar:

We are in the midst of creating an orientation clip, and explanation. Because we just migrated the Grad Environment to KabUConnect, there are a couple more upgrades that will be happening shortly to our page, so we were hoping to include those in the orientation as well.
        We hope to be able to share it in the next week or so.

Viewing 6 posts - 409 through 414 (of 434 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.